Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The DF727 and PMDG 737NG 800/900

I have just purchased the DF727 which has been described as very easy on framerates in this forum.My framerate drops down to 10 sometimes and usually lie at 13 - 18.Is this normal? I have several sliders fairly much at left.I'm considering buying the PMDG 737NG 800/900. But I have some concerns about what performence I can expect. Less than 10 does not sound good.My system isAthlon XP 2400+1 Gb DDR 333 Mhz RAMPowercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128MWin XP

If your having trouble with the DF727 you don't want to look at PMDG's 737. The DF727 if far easier on frames than the PMDG model...Until some of us can help you figure out what's going on don't purchase the 737NG just yet. :-) Do you have WindowsXP Home or Professional???

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Akflyin

Hello,I have also purchased the DF727 and am running it on a 1.8 Gig machine. I make sure to use the FS Autostart program that is available here at AVSIM. With all other background programs shutdown, it really helps ensure that the 727 experience is all that it can be :0)fly safeDave in Alaska

Try running the non-VC version and see if you notice a difference. Also select DXT-3 textures in the configuration set up.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Philip Olson

I would not worry about getting the PMDG, I have a system that is similar to yours and I can run the PMDG without any problems. Well that is to say normally, I normally have AI traffic set at 100 percent so if I go to a large detailed airport my frame rates do drop but it is still flyable. You may have to look at your system a bit, maybe something is not set right and you can get more performance out of your system. By the way, I have most of my sliders to the right so I am sure that you can get some more out of your rig, we just have to figure out what it is. Please, do not pass up the PMDG, the thing is an absolute joy to fly! Hopefully some other kind forum member can post some suggestions to help you get some more performance out of your rig, as I have to get going right now. If no one does I will give you some suggestions tonight when I get home. Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

>Do you have WindowsXP Home or Professional???Professional

You'll have no trouble with PMDG on your rig. You'll be fine in 2-D mode and more or less OK in 3-D mode. You should be able to get 15 to 25 fps in 2-D cockpit mode with little trouble. But be aware that the VC of the NG is quite a frame rate eater and you may need to adjust your DISPLAY settings for that. I run a 3.80Ghz with Radeon X850XT PE and although I get very good frames with everything, the VC of the NG typically halves my average frames from 50 fps to 25. Also, if I set AI traffic to 100%, frames get chopped further running the NG in VC mode. In addition, the refresh rate of the gauges in VC mode is set low and unless you have massive PC h.p., they need to stay that way.Since smooth visuals matter most to me as a sim pilot, I prefer to cut back on certain display and other settings and have a tad less eye candy with the PMDG, especially in VC mode.JS

>Hello,>>I have also purchased the DF727 and am running it on a 1.8 Gig>machine. I make sure to use the FS Autostart program that is>available here at AVSIM. With all other background programs>shutdown, it really helps ensure that the 727 experience is>all that it can be :0)>Using FSautostart didn't change anything. But I have discovered that the framerate can go up to aronud 20 and stay there after a while.But at takeoff the framerate won't go much over 10. But after takeoffI could see the framerate jump up to 20 when I start turning the plane and look around.

>My system is>Athlon XP 2400+>1 Gb DDR 333 Mhz RAM>Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro 128M>Win XPOne more thing could be mentioned. My MB only supports AGP 4x but I have heard that this won't matter very much.

>>You'll have no trouble with PMDG on your rig. You'll be fine>in 2-D mode and more or less OK in 3-D mode. You should be>able to get 15 to 25 fps in 2-D cockpit mode with little>trouble. >This mean I would get somewhat higher framerates on the PMDG 737NGthan on DF727. But I have read that the opposite should be the case.>But be aware that the VC of the NG is quite a frame rate eater>and you may need to adjust your DISPLAY settings for that. >Will I be fine in only 2D? VC is propably to much for my system.>VC mode. In addition, the refresh rate of the gauges in VC>mode is set low and unless you have massive PC h.p., they need>to stay that way.>Smoth gauges are important to me.>Since smooth visuals matter most to me as a sim pilot, I>prefer to cut back on certain display and other settings and>have a tad less eye candy with the PMDG, especially in VC>mode.>Like what settings?