Quick update ... AFRFriendly is working with the following add-ons so far:

1. Ultimate Traffic 2

2. PILOT's FTX Edition Mesh

2. Orbx FTX Global

3. Orbx Vector

4. Orbx OpenLC

Cheers, Rob.

That's already a good thing.

In FSX I am getting 40% more fps in 2d cockpit view without instruments with 2 cards in surround compared to 1 card.

Imho that is because of using 3 outside view .

I am curious if 2 cards in sli with 3 connections to one card is better than 2 in surround mode and both cards used to drive the 3 monitors.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

AFRFriendly testing.

Using these settings: http://www.robainscough.com/Prepar3D_SLI_Settings.php with the add-ons I listed above.

Not using nVidia Inspector.

No changes to the default values in the nVidia Control Panel

Aircraft used: F22 and F35

60-64 fps in VC

90-100 fps in Spot 

Stutters completely eliminated (not exactly sure why only difference is 2048 textures and installation of Orbx/PILOTs additions listed above).

Cons

HDR ON is too dark (need to figure out how to change this other than turning HDR OFF)

Wing tip vortices effect causes strange cross weave pattern of lines

ShadowPlay will only work at 1920 x 1200 and there is no option to include the FPS counter any more?

Fraps recordings causes stutters/pauses

Pros

Frame rates improved

Stutters eliminated

I'll install some 3rd party aircraft tomorrow and see how that goes ... need to verify the Prepar3d.cfg and AFRFriendly-D3D.cfg are identical after installing any 3rd party products.

I'm pretty sure nVidia will be releasing some new Beta drivers soon, so I'm not sure how much tweaking I'll do with the 337.88 drivers.

Anyway, AFRFriendly is working much better than I thought it would.

Cheers, Rob.

Great test Rob,

Can you do a compare to none SLi in some areas ?

Btw. Can we install any FTX product in 2.3 in none SLI? (new reinstall P3Dv2.3)

Thanks

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I was just about to ask the same : SLI vs non-SLI screenshots

Btw : you did not enable SLI in the NV Control Panel ?

Like Vic I also found these settings on the IN when using AFR friendly :

NVI

AA........................AA_mode_selector_SLIAA_Enabled

# of GPU's............SLI_GPU_count_Two  ---> ( for use with 2 cards )

SLI Rendering.......SLI _Rendering_Mode_Force_AFR2

NV Control Panel

SLI Enabled

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Can you do a compare to none SLi in some areas ?

Yes, this weekend.

Btw. Can we install any FTX product in 2.3 in none SLI?

Not sure I understand this?  Regardless of SLI, you can install Orbx products that support P3D V2.3 ... the P3D v2.x Orbx master list is here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/68566-master-list-of-all-p3d2-ready-orbx-products/

Btw : you did not enable SLI in the NV Control Panel ?

Ooops, sorry I was not clear ... yes NV Control Panel. SLI set to "3D performance mode" (which only supports a single monitor).

NVI

I tried them, but they didn't seem to do much for my setup.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob - Have you tried TrackIR in AFRFriendly? 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Rob - Have you tried TrackIR in AFRFriendly? 

Not yet, want to get some aircraft installed first and see how they do,  then I'll move onto TrackIR.  I will need to duplicate my TrackIR profile to key off AFRFriendly-D3D.exe rather than Prepar3d.exe ... but I'm not expecting any issues ... SimConnect seems to work fine which is what TrackIR needs as do MANY add-ons.

HDR and effects (FX) seem to be issues so far ... which ties into what Beau (LM) had mentioned in his SLI thread.  But not all effects, just some.

SLI seems very promising, I'm almost certain the HDR issue can be fixed via driver update ... the effects I'm not so sure about ... sounds to me like some of those effects will need to be reworked to be SLI compatible.

Cheers, Rob.

Not yet, want to get some aircraft installed first and see how they do, then I'll move onto TrackIR. I will need to duplicate my TrackIR profile to key off AFRFriendly-D3D.exe rather than Prepar3d.exe ... but I'm not expecting any issues ... SimConnect seems to work fine which is what TrackIR needs as do MANY add-ons.

HDR and effects (FX) seem to be issues so far ... which ties into what Beau (LM) had mentioned in his SLI thread. But not all effects, just some.

SLI seems very promising, I'm almost certain the HDR issue can be fixed via driver update ... the effects I'm not so sure about ... sounds to me like some of those effects will need to be reworked to be SLI compatible.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for keeping us informed Rob

CS 777 is a no go in AFRFriendly - activation checking doesn't like it so no wheels and MFD are blank ... (it must check for Prepar3D.exe)

I did try these settings: 

But executed Prepar3d (not AFRFriendly) and noticed about a 15% performance increase.

Hello Rob,

i ould like to join the SLI train but am not sure about my PSU. I currently have a 650W inside. What PSU (in terms of watts) would you recommend for an SLI system? And how about the tempreture of the cards when running P3D2 in SLI?

Thanks!

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

Hi Rob. Are you running with Unlimited frames or locking off? If unlimited, what fluctuation range are you getting?

Cheers, Richie

What PSU (in terms of watts) would you recommend for an SLI system?

I'm using this one: http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogIdentifier=2&partNumber=1020186&langid=-1&cid=PS:GooglePLAs:1020186&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=1020186&KPID=1020186

I wasn't able to get 3-way SLI working reliably, not sure if it is PSU or my overclocking CPU being very sensitive to the load that 3 GPUs place on the system.  So I'm sticking with 2-way for now.

Hi Rob. Are you running with Unlimited frames or locking off?

Unlimited ... fluctuation is about the same as it is with a single GPU and will vary by aircraft used and add-ons installed.  

But all very early testing, lots more testing to do and with the likelihood of new nVidia beta drivers coming out soon that fixes Tess issue in P3D.

Cheers, Rob.

CS 777 is a no go in AFRFriendly - activation checking doesn't like it so no wheels and MFD are blank ... (it must check for Prepar3D.exe)

I did try these settings: 

But executed Prepar3d (not AFRFriendly) and noticed about a 15% performance increase.

I just made these three changes to the Prepar3D profile in NVI and SLI works fine (but GPUs are loaded equal).

So is there any point left of the AFR friendly option?