Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

777 freezes. Still have sound.

Same issue here, freezes while sound continues. I cannot finish my first SP1b flight, it's frozen twice already. A friend who I recommended this aircraft to (AVSIM user name MacPilot) has had the freeze issue as well. So it seems widespread. 

After years of anticipation for the plane, almost a year waiting for SP1, I really hoped the bugs would be fixed by now. Despite my love of the 777, I simply do not use it to the extent I planned to when I originally bought it, and there is strong temptation to put the airplane aside completely in order to avoid the frustration. 

What will that do?

Depending on the issue: cause freezes...which is why I asked.

Generally, if you go asking for support, it's best to just answer questions instead of asking why people are asking questions.  I'm asking questions because you posted that you had an issue and I want to help you fix the issue - either here or through more official avenues.  I promise not to ask stupid questions.

...so...

Are you running ASN in a networked config, or are you not?

In the past, when I ran ASN in a networked config, I had an issue with SimConnect that I was only able to solve after reinstalling the program (after troublshooting everything else that I could - we all know how much I hate reinstalls as a first step).  This issue would cause regular freezes.

Kyle Rodgers

Not running on a network config.

Dang...

I'm trying to remember if I had the issue running locally as well.  Try and watch ASN to see what it's doing when you get the freeze.  I usually got mine around the time ASN was pushing the depiction into the sim.  Try that, report back.

Kyle Rodgers

I had this happen for the first time a couple days ago.  It froze with sound remaining for about two minutes or so, then it released and the flight continued normal for the remainder.  It was an almost 7 hour flight from KDEN to PHNL.  The freeze happened within the first 30 minutes of flight.  I don't use ASN, just FSX real weather.  

John

I uninstalled ASN. Reinstalled and now doing KDFW to KBOS with active sky next running. About 2 1/2 hours into the flight and no problems!

Yeah, this is one of the few times I'd recommend the uninstall/reinstall, and that's only because that's what fixed it for me after all of that wasted time beforehand.  Luckily you didn't have to do all the running around that I did.

Glad it's working!

Kyle Rodgers

Can you please tell me how you uninstalled ASN? (When visiting the HFI directory that contains ASN, I don't see an uninstall option.) Like others, I am experiencing OOM/VAS when trying PMDG T7 with SP1B. While I have patiently tried all the suggestions/solutions provided in this forum nothing has worked but frustration.

Many thanks,

Russ Tillman, KVKS

PMDG User for Years and Online Flight Simmer Since 1998

Can you please tell me how you uninstalled ASN? (When visiting the HFI directory that contains ASN, I don't see an uninstall option.) Like others, I am experiencing OOM/VAS when trying PMDG T7 with SP1B. While I have patiently tried all the suggestions/solutions provided in this forum nothing has worked but frustration.

Is it not listed in the Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs screen?

Kyle Rodgers