Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

777 freezes. Still have sound.

Depending on the issue: cause freezes...which is why I asked.

Generally, if you go asking for support, it's best to just answer questions instead of asking why people are asking questions.  I'm asking questions because you posted that you had an issue and I want to help you fix the issue - either here or through more official avenues.  I promise not to ask stupid questions.

...so...

Are you running ASN in a networked config, or are you not?

In the past, when I ran ASN in a networked config, I had an issue with SimConnect that I was only able to solve after reinstalling the program (after troublshooting everything else that I could - we all know how much I hate reinstalls as a first step).  This issue would cause regular freezes.

Who is this guy, the King?

Edward

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Who is this guy, the King?

Nah. Just an emperor, who often has new clothes...

Kyle Rodgers

I'm having some freezes like 2/3 seconds freeze every 2-5 min .. I didn't had this problem until yesterday . Any ideias ? 777 200 lr sp1b

Hi Kyle...Yep sure is...apologies for my Windows 7 ignorance. I haven't had to play these games before.

Many thanks,

Russ Tillman, KVKS

Hi Kyle...Yep sure is...apologies for my Windows 7 ignorance. I haven't had to play these games before.

Hey Russ - the Control Panel has been around for a while (well before Win7), and the .exe uninstaller has been slowly dying off, it seems.  Looks like you just found your transition point!  Either way, glad you found it!

Kyle Rodgers

Just an update, Ryan from PMDG got back to me and gave me a fix to my fsx.cfg file( [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14.) I then did 2 flights without freezes. The last one was from KATL to EHAM. 4 1/2 hours of real time flying and 2 hours of accelerated time. No lock ups, freezes or oom errors! Landed at EHAM using Aerosofts Mega Airport. Want to thank Ryan for helping me get this great sim to run!!

Just an update, Ryan from PMDG got back to me and gave me a fix to my fsx.cfg file( [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14.) I then did 2 flights without freezes.

Awesome!  Glad you got it fixed.  If you wouldn't mind clicking the button at the bottom right of the post of yours that I'm quoting, that would be excellent.  It will help people find a potential answer if they have similar issues and find your post via search (or browsing).  Thanks in advance!

Kyle Rodgers

I would like to add that this is in line with my own findings AND that there are more ways to Rome.

Reducing the load on core 0 reduces/stops stutters and freezes.

This cany be done in many ways such as :

Moving things that are running parallel to FSX away from core 0 with Taskmanager

Reducing FSX slider settings

Moving parts of FSX itself away from core 0 by using Affinitymask.

Rob Robson

I had frequent freezes and FSX crashes.

After updating UIautomationcore.dll and RadeonPro (www.radeonpro.info) FSX is stable like a tank.

Briefly about my rig:

I have FSX Deluxe + Acceleration (DX10 preview) on Win 7 64 Ultimate, Asus Crosshair V, AMD 1100TBE @ 4GHz, 16 GB RAM, Asus HD 6970 with 4 screens, cockpit hardware (Yoke, rudder, joystick, etc) + tons of addons (commercial and freeware). I did some well known tweeks in fsx.cfg and shader fixer (the freeware one found at AVSIM) to squize max performance of my rather not FSX friendly hardware.

Keep flying,

Bart

Of course I have PMDG 777, EGLL-YMML, 20 hours flight, no problem.

Note on reducing load on CPU cores: I use freeware version of Process Lasso to set cores for diffreent addons and set priority levels as well.

fsx.cfg AffinityMask=63 on AMD1100TBE

I'm having some freezes like 2/3 seconds freeze every 2-5 min .. I didn't had this problem until yesterday . Any ideias ? 777 200 lr sp1b

Interesting, I had the same problem, too. After a week of evaluating/testing if a previous uninstall of P3D v2.3, an FSX GSX/couatl update or Orbx Global patches caused it, I am pretty sure now:

The "Gecko-Freezes" remained after reinstalling P3D v1.4 and P3D v2.3. Deactivating GSX/couatl and other modules made no change. Only reinstalling "OrbxFTXGlobal110" and "OrbxFTXGlobalVECTOR110" without running the patches "OrbxFTXGlobal120" and "OrbxFTXGlobalVector115" gave me the freezeless FSX experience I had before.

So for me the respective Orbx patches are "on hold".

I do not think the problem is caused by any of the issues indicated before. They are just best guesses !!!

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I do not think the problem is caused by any of the issues indicated before.

And what do you guess?

Hi folks

I also have freezes/ crash to desktop after Sp1b. I also use ASN.

Especially if i fly with 777-200 i have those CTD.  with 777-300 no problems

I hope the PMDG will fix this issue we all have.

Regards

Alex

LSZH