Sign in to follow this  
SirStiggie

Bored

I see that the J41 has a FMC. To what degree do you have to use it to manage the flight?

The FMS was optional on the real Jetstream 41, I don't think I can give a better answer than that! If customers didn't specify the FMS when ordering, BAe stuck a backup radio where it should've been!

The only reason you programme the J41's FMS is for moving map on the EHSI (RNAV), AP LNAV and very basic advisory only VNAV.

If you want an idea of the capability and complexity of the FMS (Honeywell GNS-XLS), I think QualityWings modelled it in their BAe 146.

As stated by previous folks, the most important thing on the J41 is managing the engines and anti-ice systems; I would strongly recommend you complete the included tutorial if you purchase it, otherwise you're likely to just get frustrated.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The Flight1 Mustang allows me to listen to my remixes.

That keeps me entertained.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Of course there are VAs as well, which is probably the best choice. But not everyone likes the idea of real interaction.

I am a member of a VA but I didn't see much interaction.  I'd fly, it'd be logged...not much else apart from the message board.  Probably one of the reasons I thought "what's the point?"  Do other VAs do it differently?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

For those complaining about automation, and how boring it is, why not learn to actually pilot your airliner? :lol:  You're not working for an airline with standard procedures, demanding you turn on AP at 400 feet, its a flight simulator--so nothing stops you from turning the flight director off, tuning radios, or practicing tight visual patterns all day long.   You can let your airliner fly you, but can you really fly it, and fly it well

Still, when you get sick of the same old same old, there is always helicopters.  I've been doing that lately, and it has worked wonders in restoring some of the novelty because it demands a whole new set of hand-eye coordination skills, not to mention getting me down closer to my scenery in a way that fixed wing GA can not.

I have to agree.  I have pretty much stopped using Orbx regions and airports because of the performance hit and have been getting (and making) more and more photoscenery.

It's the only way to fly.

VERO is putting out some excellent photo scenery th at looks great in P3D.

I feel that my suggestions are probably not even warranted, because I haven't even flown a tubeliner yet.

I've just been addicted to this fad. Watching every video, looking at every post and discussion.

There have been some VAs where people say they are fun because they often interact with other VAs, and using VATSIM makes it even better.

I think of VAs as guilds in World of Warcraft (or whatever poison you prefer) some are seriously hardcore to the letter, and some are just "do whatever you want"

I'm fairly certain the virtual airlines based off a real airline probably have a lot of crazy hardcore aspects to it. That would make it fun for me personally.

I've been flying the Q400 and the JS41 by hand around Jamaica for the past few days and must say the JS41 just "feels" nicer to fly by hand. Whether this is so in the real world I have no clue but its been keeping me busy.

I may just to try the same thing with some of the other tube liners.... 

I may just to try the same thing with some of the other tube liners....

The NGX handles very nicely too.  I used to practice departures from KLAS and just follow the route by hand. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Regarding flight simulators, i don't know if someone already mentioned it http://www.condorsoaring.com/

In my opnion, you can't find more realistic flight dynamics for desktop, and it's something new and realy challenging. They have lessons included, free flight, and online competitions.

Bicycling does the job for me also, i got a mountain bike recently. Beautiful hobby  ^_^

The real flying is the best option definitely, or full flight simulator, but they are expensive