Sign in to follow this  
nicksort

4k monitor P3dv2.3 Stunning

Other than the Titan I believe the max for a 780gtx is 3 gigs...I have this. The 770 had up to 4 gigs available.

No here is a 6 gig card 780

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-384-Bit-Graphics-06G-P4-3787-KR/dp/B00K699CRW/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408933234&sr=8-3-fkmr1&keywords=evga+gtx+780+6+gig

Rich Sennett

I did not know about this card. I'll check it out. Thanks. Would I be correct in thinking the main place you may see a performance increase is when going to a 4k type monitor?

I did not know about this card. I'll check it out. Thanks. Would I be correct in thinking the main place you may see a performance increase is when going to a 4k type monitor?

No way you will see a nice boost with any monitor

Rich Sennett

Nice Nick!

I love my 4K ... I can actually see the PAPI lights now :)

I highly recommend 4K monitors for flight simulation ... perfect match.  Prices are dropping drastically, my 49" Sony was on sale at 50% price reduction.  I'm sure by Xmas holiday season there will be some great deals.  I've been thinking about getting 2 more monitors and drive each monitor with my Titans ... then no need for my Track IR.

Cheers, Rob.

It does run good. Took a while for the adjustments to P3d to get it to run good

Thanks Nick, it's people like you that are slowly convincing me that P3D is likely to be my next purchase.

Ian R Tyldesley

I purchased 2 of the 39" 4k monitors to replace the 3x 32" monitors I am currently using. Crazy as it may seem I do not have the video card power to drive both if I wanted to use them both with P3D so the next purchases will be the Titans or its replacement. I do have an AMD card sitting around but I have never tried to combine a Nvidia and AMD cards in one case to see if they could coexist. The current GTX780 3gig will work with the 4k monitor but don't expect it to handle extreme weather conditions or extreme shadows as it will struggle as I found out. Rex4 Essentials is still driving all the textures but clouds at this time.

One more thing. I did test it with both the A2A aircraft, the DA40 and the QW146 series and all four were delivering the same or real close to each other on FPS.......

Nick Sciortino

It does run good. Took a while for the adjustments to P3d to get it to run good. I could not believe that I needed to drop the sliders down and I also could not use REX Essentials for the clouds, REX would bring the FPS down around 12-16 with plenty of micro and some large stutters. Using the default and also some of the Global cloud options it will run very smooth in the 20's and 30's. Clear sky's run 35+.

This next pic has the weather set at Building Storms and this runs in the low 20's until the rain starts and then drops to around 19-20 which is still decent. It is clear as it can be, I am happy with the monitor and I will be happier when I go from the GTX780 to a Titan.

iogt4k.jpg

with a card like 780 you are getting such a low FPS? Damn how people call it better performing version? I get 20 on PMDG777s with stunning visuals in FSX :o & dense areas/Addons

1y329d.jpg

with a card like 780 you are getting such a low FPS? Damn how people call it better performing version? I get 20 on PMDG777s with stunning visuals in FSX :o & dense areas/Addons

What you are not understanding is that this monitor was set at 3,840 x 2,160 which is not like the usual setting of 1920 x 1060, this is over 8 million pixels vs the 2 million pixels at 1920. It is a bit more demanding for a 3gig card.

Nick Sciortino

4K is the screen resolution, not related to texture sizes.

Cheers, Rob.