Sign in to follow this  
~Craig~

I wonder what new "biggie" will be next

Is there a Hardcore MD80/90 add-on out there yet?

Not an MD80/90 but from the same stock; the Cool Sky DC9 is an absolute gem if you can live without an FMC.

RE Thomason Jr.

You will be limited to only a few airports that accommodate this behemoth. In my opinion the A380 is a monumental technological flop. Score one for Boeing.

That's quite the statement to make, and I think that a man named Mr. Clark in Dubai would be one of the many who would disagree with you. It can't operate into all airports because it is not designed to do so; the A380 was made to fly massive amounts of people between massive airports/cities, and it seems to be doing that rather well so far for most airlines that operate it. It was launched in 2008, only 6 years ago, and there are already 120+ flying all over the world (roughly on par with how the 747 was doing at a similar time, I believe).  But I am curious to know why you consider it a "monumental technological flop". 

Maybe you guys could take the off-topic A380 debate somewhere else? :ph34r:

I would like to hear Capt Speirs response. 

I am waiting for the P3D versions of the NLS A380 and the Qualitywings 787.  Will not bother with PMDG being as they are raising their prices for the P3D versions, which is nothing but price gouging.  Other developers are not raising their prices for the P3D versions.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Not too excited about anything coming for FSX or P3D worlds.  Maybe FSL Airbus. I am really excited however about just about everything happening in the DCS world.

That's quite the statement to make, and I think that a man named Mr. Clark in Dubai would be one of the many who would disagree with you. It can't operate into all airports because it is not designed to do so; the A380 was made to fly massive amounts of people between massive airports/cities, and it seems to be doing that rather well so far for most airlines that operate it. It was launched in 2008, only 6 years ago, and there are already 120+ flying all over the world (roughly on par with how the 747 was doing at a similar time, I believe).  But I am curious to know why you consider it a "monumental technological flop". 

In terms of technology, it is right up there as one of the best at the moment. A good read is QF32 by Richard de Crespigny the QF32 pilot to see why. Many pilot colleagues in industry love the A380 and I know guys who have flown everything in their fleets yet are very clear that the A380 is the best they have ever flown. The kind of testing methods going into the A350 too at the moment are unprecedented. As far as technology at the manufacturing level is concerned today, Airbus is ahead of Boeing. Airbus really does have a handle on it's supply chain and the way that works which is really bearing great fruits. Boeing will learn from the 787 and the complex, logistical nightmare that came with it for the 77X and 737MAX, those will be very good aircraft.

Anyway this thread! This is probably one of the best times I have known to be in this hobby. We currently are awaiting the first like for like A320 from FSL coming soon. Flightbeam who I regard as the best scenery developer out there are covering EDDF which is a massive project. Taxi2Gate should have VHHH out before the end of this year too. FlyTampa are covering EKCH and VSSY, none of these sceneries mentioned really have a good FSX representation so it is fantastic. PMDG of course will I think shift to the 772 and then finally get on with their 747V2. It is really exciting times for this hobby and it will only get better.

The biggest one for me personally will be the FSL, more so further down the line when they hopefully do the A330 where no single good product really exists.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg