Sign in to follow this  
uwespeed

Map of the XP-Gateway airports

Great!

Had forgotten about that precious site!

Thx Captain!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

OK guys.  I had a system crash and have had to reload all my X-Plane stuff.  I am now up and running with 10.42rc1.  There are no buildings at any airport.  It has been a long time since I originally set up stuff and this old brain cannot remember what I did to make it populate before.  

Help please...

John

John Wingold

Well, something happened after leaving it for a while.  They started showing up.  Thanks anyway.

John

John Wingold

Regarding the problem of duplicates, version numbers and such for Custom Scenery, I use a spreadsheet.  It is a bit time-consuming to maintain, but it works nicely for me.  I fly all over the world, often following the 750 airports and airfields from a list of "Dangerous Airports" made by Michael Doherty for FS2004, and I like to search for and install Custom Scenery for my departure and arrival airports.  Keeping track of that became a real chore, so I created the spreadsheet.

I keep all my downloaded files separated in "Tabs" on the spreadsheet.  So for example, all my Library files are on one tab and I can see in an instant which version and date they are.  I do the same with Mesh, Aircraft and Plug-ins.

For Scenery, I list the ICAO, Airport Name, Country, State (U.S.), original Filename of the download (which makes it easy to find and delete when the filenames are not in ICAO alphabetical order), Version number, and Date of installation.  I can then sort by ICAO to find duplicates (I extract all individual ICAO's from Packs), or by installation date if I have errors from recent installations, or by Country, etc.

When a "new" Custom airport is listed, I can quickly check to see if it is a "better" version or if I have already installed it.  If I do not have a Custom version installed, I then do a web search on the three main X-Plane web sites plus a couple of other online sources to see if there is something available, or something "better" than Gateway which is a viable but last resort.

This is not something that would work for the entire X-Plane community because my downloads are not inclusive, just my own list of installations.  But the spreadsheet is an excellent way to keep track of and maintain your scenery database.

This is an amazing tool. Thank you for making this :)