Sign in to follow this  
cannow

AI Traffic

Trialling Voxatc at moment still have not decided to buy this or pilot2atc .Only problem so far I usually run my AI Traffic at 40% little impact on fps same setting via Vox and is halfing my frame rate . This is with prep3d v2.3 any thoughts. Makes a big difference if trying to fly cs 777. 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Is your traffic in FSX set to 'Zero'?

It should be!

If so maybe within the VOX slider there is more traffic at 40% than with P3D slider at 40%

Thanks settled on 20 for the moment . Not convinced yet about this product 7 days up on sunday. Will try the completion then decide if I am going to purchase . First full airbus flight failed on approach as could not contact approach or ground when landed . Will refly descent and see if it was my  bad retuning .

Colin hodds

Does pilot2atc do SID/STARs and give accurate ATIS (destination weather reports during descent) for the destination airport?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I believe not at the moment . A sticking point at the moment  . I know Vox can use navigraph  bit unable to try until I purchase a new cycle as I have not go the data in the right format .

Colin hodds

Is your traffic in FSX set to 'Zero'?

Thanks settled on 20 for the moment .

FSX traffic, as Andrew mentioned, should be set to zero, as I understand it then set the VOXatc traffic slider to whatever you want.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Hi Guys,

Does the VOX traffic speak with all AI Traffic add-ons?

Currently using FTX AI AU.

If I set Traffic as 50% in Vox will aircraft actually show in FSX?

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

Yes to both your questions Damian. Vox Atc will use any traffic you have installed. For Ultimate Traffic 2 however you need a tool called UT2 bridge. I use My Traffic 2013 and it works like a charm with Vox Atc. Just make sure to run the Vox Atc Indexer after you install and properly configure your traffic addon. I did't use FTX traffic but i think it will work also.

I'm confused about this AI traffic thing with VoxATC. I use Ultimate Traffic 2 which I understand will operate with VoxATC if the UT2 'bridge' is installed (UT2 running outside FSX makes it a unique traffic program I understand). 

However, what about all the little packages of FSX traffic that come with the likes of ORBX regions and airports, or all the FSX traffic files that send floatplanes and bush flyers all over Alaska (for instance). One way I read the reviews suggests these are incompatible and FSX Traffic must be set to 0% - on the other hand I read that VoxATC works with ALL traffic.

So is it the case that UT2 can generate traffic that VoxATC is aware of and 'controls', but FSX files generated traffic can be seen in the system (if the PC is powerful enough) but will be ignored by VoxATC?

Hoping someone can unscramble my brain as I don't want to install the demo and spend 6 out of the 7 days trying to work out how to operate the AI lol.

SkipperMac

As far as i understood, those packages that have traffic scripted locally on airports and such are indeed not supported. For example i bumped into some UK airport addons that had GA traffic and had to disable it. I don't know how FTX traffic operates but as for UT2 and My Traffic it has been confirmed to work without too much of a hassle. Fsx traffic must at all times be at 0% because Vox generates it's own random schedule for the traffic you have and controls it. You will have to spend some time setting up everything to work for example MYT has some afcad files that will cause some weird traffic behaviour if you also use custom afcads, so you have to delete or move the duplicates, but once you got it, it is a great experience.

Hi Gent's,

I will report back on how FTX traffic blends with VOXATC tomorrow. I've also got UT2 but couldn't get it to work with VOXATC.

If anyone knows exactly how to configure Ut2 just let me know.

Regards

Damian

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

I just ran the UT2Bridge prog, deactivated UT2 and the traffic is now managed by VoxATC. I thought this is the way to go. Just forgot to set P3D traffic to 0%. Will give it a try later since i ocasionally run into "Dead Lock" problems that is causing all planes on ground to stop