Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Tutorial #2

Hi Ryan, Just thought I would ask how the T7 Tutorial #2 is coming. I hope I am not out of line for asking but I do enjoy your tutorials immensely and find them more educational than the manuals themselves.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

It's Ryan that does the Tutorials and Kyle may do the video version.

Dave Taylor gb.png

It's not going to make the service pack, sorry. Hopefully by the end of the year though. (remember I do these on my own time and free time's not something I've had a lot of in the past year unfortunately)

Tutorial 1 was updated for SP1 though given the changes to the FBW, assumed temp takeoffs etc.

Source: click here

- TONY -

Yeah thanks, I remember that post. I was just kinda hoping for Ryan to give us an update as to whether that target has changed or not without wishing to appear pushy.

Rick Hobbs

Yeah thanks, I remember that post. I was just kinda hoping for Ryan to give us an update as to whether that target has changed or not without wishing to appear pushy.

I'll commend you for that, actually.  I clicked on the link thinking "oh man, this again..." but since you asked nicely and without judgment, I just left it alone figuring Ryan might get to it eventually.

It's Ryan that does the Tutorials and Kyle may do the video version.

...or FrooglePete.  I've been majorly slacking lately.  One of us will probably do it, I know that much...haha.

For what it's worth, I've been slowly working on a Tutorial 1.5 to kinda hold people over until Ryan gets some time to crank out Tutorial 2.  It won't be groundbreaking in terms of learning new things because I don't want to "poach" from the new stuff Ryan would be talking about, but it'll offer a new challenge and get people into non-normal operations to give people a reason to branch out a bit.  It's actually in my Google Drive, so I've been hacking at it when sitting idle at work (rarity now, which is why I haven't had as many SYSKs - used to do those PowerPoint presentations on slow work days), when sitting on long commutes (via mass transit - not while driving), or when otherwise sitting there with nothing to do.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle, Ryan getting to it eventually was my hope but realizing what he already has on his plate, if he does he does, if he doesn't, then no prob.

Rick Hobbs