Sign in to follow this  
Piper9t3

PC12 Purchase Oct5

Folks I need some clarification please. I purchased the PC12 today from Carenado site so I presume my download includes the SP1 even though my account info shows an upgrade is available?

I have been reading about all the community mods and not quite sure if I need them if I got SP1 installed? Is it better to run the RTM version and manually apply the community mods or do you still need the community mods even with SP1 installed?

Any guidance would be much appreciated!

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

If the strobe light button lights up when pushed, you have sp1 installed.

My mods are not required, but do clean up the autopilot..

Send me a PM if you want a copy. With email address..

Bert

so I presume my download includes the SP1

Yes, it includes the SP1, there in the installer or somewhere it says that if you download the aircraft before the SP1 launch date, you will have the SP1 included, then you can add community mods...

Bert, Carenado should put you on staff.  At least let you should get a shoot at getting the planes before release so you can go through them with a fine tooth comb to fix things.

Piper9t3 - you definitely need Bert's autopilot mods BTW! ....... it's all set up wrong without them.

Ok confirmed I have SP1 installed (strobe button lights up). Bert's AP mods implemented. Is there any thing else to consider ?

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Ok confirmed I have SP1 installed (strobe button lights up). Bert's AP mods implemented. Is there any thing else to consider ?

As this is Carenado's first time at utilizing a proper 'IAS' function, and as their KMC321/KAS297 AP simulation is reasonably faithful, a flick through this guide may be useful :-

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/452595-guide-correct-use-of-pc-12-autopilot-kmc321kac297/

Apart from that, trim down for take off, Power Lever full forward for all take offs, and pull back to 36.9lb/in2 on the torque gauge for climb (within 5 mins of take off) and you're good to go for your checkride, Cap'n ....

PC12 doesn't need the IAS function...this is just about manually adjust the TRQ numbers

PC12 doesn't need the IAS function...this is just about manually adjust the TRQ numbers

For a checkride, it does not matter, but..

If you climb to altitude, IAS mode is the safe way to do it. 

Yes, you start by adjusting torque, but then you switch to IAS mode.

Bert

:rolleyes:  Once again...... what are you talking about?? ... Every PC-12 on the planet has an IAS function on the autopilot.      You are thinking off an autothrottle speed mode.   The IAS mode on the PC-12 is nothing to do with an autothrottle, it is simply a mode that adjusts PITCH to maintain an airspeed.     It is nothing whatsoever to do with "adjusting torque".

Seriously, if you think I'm being harsh here it's because yet again, you post with such 'confidence' and 'authority', and once again, you're miles off the mark......

Stick to what you know about and stop guessing stuff, opposing others who DO know what they're talking about.

:rolleyes:  Once again...... what are you talking about?? ... Every PC-12 on the planet has an IAS function on the autopilot.      You are thinking off an autothrottle speed mode.   The IAS mode on the PC-12 is nothing to do with an autothrottle, it is simply a mode that adjusts PITCH to maintain an airspeed.     It is nothing whatsoever to do with "adjusting torque".

Seriously, if you think I'm being harsh here it's because yet again, you post with such 'confidence' and 'authority', and once again, you're miles off the mark......

Stick to what you know about and stop guessing stuff, opposing others who DO know what they're talking about.

aha aha, have a good day...

Confidence and authority?, of course not...

Then who you feel you are?, I know what I'm talking about, I'll be wasting my time if I didn't, and I'm as free as you, to post whatever I want, ok?

...those ones that want to "manage" what people say here...