Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

HTR - A revolutionary Module... Any of you using it?

I just came across something I was totally unaware of... HTR 

I have been watching a few videos, and it really looks great, but would like to "hear" from any experienced users :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

"Helicopter Total Realism"

Sorry....

It's a completely external FDM for rotary wing in FSX or FS9. Comes with a few default profiles for some well known available helicopters, but others can be fetched from "Hovercontrol" or designed by the users...

I found out about it just a couple of days ago when I saw these videos, all recorded using HTR for the flight dynamics:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454302-fsx-helicopter-videos/#entry3103661

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I've used it but without proper helo controls it felt worthless.  If I had a cyclic with realistic feel and range of travel I'd probably use it more.  My FFB2 just doesn't cut it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ryan,

at least in this new version you can set the cyclic and anti-torque response proportional to as if you had a proper controller.

Also, since I am used to the sensitivity of the Uh-1H in DCS World, I will certainly give this a good try :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Can't say that I'm much into heli flying but connecting an external FDE to sim sounds like a cool idea. Thanks for the HU.

Been reading the manuals, and it really looks "Cool" :-)

Looking fwd to install latter tonight or tomorrow night - Lisbon time....

Main Simulation Rig:

it doesnt say, but does it work with P3D2?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thx Kevin!

Main Simulation Rig:

I fly choppers a lot, and I won't consider flying one without HTR running! It's the best of the best add-on I've ever used. AND, having read up on it in the forums, apparently RW pilots seem to think so too. They have some pilots of real helicopters they utilize for testing and development of the program and the various config files that have been written so far. Those guys feel as I do: Don't bother using the choppers in the flight sims without HTR running.

Best part of it, to my mind, is how readily editable the .cfg files are, even while everything is operating. Makes life a LOT easier than having to restart a bird for a small, juuuust right type of change.

Another hugely beneficial set of tweaks is available at http://www.hovercontrol.com/artman/publish/article_88.shtml  . It is a couple of articles by Jordan Moore, a man who, IMHO, knows more about helicopters and they way flight sims model and present them than almost any person I ever met. His choppers are incredible too. I would strongly suggest reading the articles he wrote. His chopper tweaks require a little bit of .air file editing, but once you read his articles you'll be very comfortable doing this sort of thing. He makes it easy, and you can expand upon the basic "tools" he gives one to go on and, should you desire to, make other changes in aircraft.cfg and .air files to make the chopper work perfectly on your system. Every system is different, and often what wokrs great on computer A won't fly wrth a darn on computer B.

Anyway, just my 2 cents worth the subject...

Pat☺

You're welcome Joaquin. Give it a try, with the default B206 which has with a profile for it when you install HTR.

Regards

Main Simulation Rig:

HTR is quite good.  It doesn't quite bring things up to the complexity of the flight model found in DCS (where, in my opinion, one's lack of a proper cyclic and collective is a major hindrance to the point of being a deal breaker), but it definitely transforms flying helicopters in FSX into a richer experience.

I'd use it more frequently, if it weren't for the fact that many of the newer payware releases do not have profiles.  From what I understand, it's not overly complex to modify an existing profile to adapt it to another helicopter, but that requires time (which I don't have a lot of) and likely benefits from experience with what any given helicopter should feel like to fly (which I have exactly  zero of).

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.