Sign in to follow this  
Comanche

Battle of Stalingrad

Now, it's difficult to find time even to fly my PMDG 777, Majestic Q400, RealAirs and A2As, or even PSX!!!! And the DCS warbirds are simply not to the level, everything taken into consideration, of the immersion provided by il2-BoS!

That pretty much sums me up as well.

Yes I bought and installed through Steam, a little different then Pd3 or Xplane :). But I am enjoying the noisy and battered cockpits, just finding my way around the Sim and getting familiar with mapping my keys to the controls. I'm working my way through the Campain to unlock all the goodies and will be heading for some multiplayer maybe tonight.

So yes I like it a lot.

I see Steam have a half price sale on for the "premium" planes, they look very much like the default planes, are they worth the extra money??

That pretty much sums me up as well.

Yes I bought and installed through Steam, a little different then Pd3 or Xplane :). But I am enjoying the noisy and battered cockpits, just finding my way around the Sim and getting familiar with mapping my keys to the controls. I'm working my way through the Campain to unlock all the goodies and will be heading for some multiplayer maybe tonight.

So yes I like it a lot.

I see Steam have a half price sale on for the "premium" planes, they look very much like the default planes, are they worth the extra money??

Elain!

I actually bought BoS twice :-/

Well, the 1st time it was offered to me, but I returned the license to the original owner because I wasn't really giving good use to it... Now that I decided I had to invest in BoS, I bought the Premium version from their site.

I decided not to check that new "disable unlocks" option, and fly the Campaign myself. Before I was already at level 3, but this turn around I didn't yet fly a single mission... Anyway, it is really a great ww2 sim, and above all - and that's always what matters in the very 1st place to me - and EXCELLENT flight sim from the flight dynamics PoV.

Of course it isn't perfect, but it's close to Perfect!

Rise of Flight is also on my disk :-)  but it'll require a steep learning curve, and I'll have to find the time to dedicate to it ...

If we ever meet at the SYN or DED Expert servers, my id will be difficult to find there ... I have chosen as completely unexpected user tag - "jcomm" :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...