Sign in to follow this  
robertwolant

Briefing texts

Dear Bryan,

I am currently using three of your FS2Crew products: the Aerosoft A320, the PMDG NGX and the PMDG 777 versions.

I love this crew simulation and have done some extra pdf files for myself to improve my captain awareness and understanding of cockpit crew interactions.

One of the things I am still going to do is to learn the departure and approach briefing by heart.

I don't like an automated voice to do it for me (or 'as me'). :wink:

Now certainly I can do it by just writing down what I can hear, but it will be a rather long task.

So the question is: can you make a text (txt, doc, pdf) version of what your voice actors read for briefing available?

I would very much apppreciate it.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

One of the things I am still going to do is to learn the departure and approach briefing by heart

There would be lots of  version since there will be different departures/ approaches brief depending on what airport/ and other selection  so the departure briefs will be different at each airport  so if you want  to do it your  self  just  make a template for your  self and just fill in the different   changes  etc

Well, that's exactly what I am going to do. I just wanted a script the voice actors were playing briefing calls on.

I am perfectly aware particular data in the briefing is changing. I should have called it better - 'template' fits fine indeed.

Of course I can do it by ear. All I am asking is if it is possible to get a ready script, which would save some time for me, if not - not a big deal. :smile:

I will probably have to record the whole dep/arr briefing audio somehow and then, pausing it, write it down step by step. Only then can I make a generic template.

Best bet is to actually go on YouTube and watch some samples there.

There's a million ways to skin a cat, and there's no real right or wrong way to do a brief.

It'll vary so much from airline to airline and person to person.

As long as you hit the main points you're good.