Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

P3d v 2.4 smoothness

I hope someone can offer me some advice regarding setting up P3D so it runs nice and smooth.

I mainly use FSX as I am very happy with the way it runs on my set up. I use 1/2 v sync and lock frames to 30 in the sim which results in a very smooth flight. However despsite me trying various settings I cannot get P3D to run as smoothly and I am suffering slight stutters. Have tried using vsync on and off in the sim and nvidia inspector does not seem to make much difference. Any ideas that I can try?

My set up is as follows i7 4770k  4Ghz, GTX 770 2GB, Windows 7, 8GB Ram  1920x1080 Resolution

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Unfortunately P2D V2.X is so.
There opinions that healing is the use of exclusive full screen, which would allow use various forms of vsync.
AA also has dubious quality, when compared to FSX or P3D 1.4.
Found post where people justify what other benefits of P3D2.4 justify these problems, not for me.
There were times when I focused on trying to solve problems, then I noticed that my time was spent in trying to solve problems only, then kept P3DV2.X in the hangar, fly in FSX or P3D V1.4 with excellent performance is more fun, my opnion.
Wait for LM decide what to do.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

and lock frames to 30 in the sim

Couple of things to try:

-Vsync off

-Unlimited frames in sim

-Change P3D priority to "Realtime" in task manager after you open P3D (this might be a placebo for me but it seems to help)

If the the above doesn't help try dialing back your autogen building slider to normal or dense

Ryan

Ryan

I do not advise anyone to use X or Y simulator, only a comparative what I saw happen to me.
I know my limitations of hardware and my knowledge, it would be stupid of me to think I know everything.
Always used, or rather continue using FS9, FSX and P3D1.4 with little change, only REX, SweetFX, not third-party scenarios, but I like good airplanes, with a flawless image without stuttering, PMDG, RealAir, A2A, Milviz , few Carenado ... etc.
I'm satisfied with what I have today, my first contact with FS I used an old 286 16MHz, CGA screen, and DOS 3.3.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

Believe it all comes down to the full screen use.

LM have a hybridised full screen window so multi monitors can run, there was several requests on their forum for a full screen window as per FSX so users could adjust for smoothness through NThe hybridise window only offers limited adjustment and ignores a lot of NI settings.

However LM are trying to move forwards and they say that a single FUll screen would limit those who only wish to ever use one screen if they went down that road again.

I confess I spent so much time looking for the smoothness that I gave up with P3D but do look now and again to see what will happen in the next version...here's hoping.

All the best

Thanks for the replies guys,I have noticed that when i have it running in a window on my desktop its a much smoother experience? 

it's a shame that it does not seem to run as smooth as FSX fullscreen as the textures look really amazing ( Orbx PNW). I was quite surprised on the inital set up when it set  my sliders and they were in the middle when I thought they would be higher for my machine? ( I guess not many systems can cope with sliders all the way to the right)

I do believe that there is plenty of life left in FSX but will leave P3D on my system and keep an eye on developments .

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Dazkent,  My system is very similar to your specs, except I have a 4790 and two SSD's, one small one for the OPS and a large one for P3D.  This is a dedicated system I built in August of 2014 solely for Flight simulation.   It is not overclocked, and runs a stock 4Ghz, with aircooling.  Operating system windows 7. Before I installed anything on the rig, I used the setup guides available here to optimize and verify that all the internal components worked as they should.  This took a lot of time and effort, but I was determined to satisfy myself that I did it as well as possible this time.  Only after this did I start installing P3D v2.4, Orbx products, and P3D aircraft.  I do not have any config mods at all, except for high mem. NONE!  As a result of this, my simulation runs a consistent 45+ frames (or much more) with NO stuttering whatsoever!  This is with A2A accusim aircraft and Milviz 737-200, and most settings set extremely high.  I do not use AI aircraft very much and this is one consideration.  It does not matter if I am in windowed mode or full screen mode, my frames remain the same and I have NO stuttering.  I am convinced that if you are able to setup and verify that your computer is running correctly using the available guides, and you can use SSD's to reduce info access time, that it is very possible to have P3D v2.4 run superbly and eliminate all stuttering.

I am not a computer expert...but I have used the resources available here on Avsim to get my flight sim rig to run totally to my complete satisfaction.  More and more often I FEEL, (not know), that a lot of the problems people have are due to trying to (over) mod their software with config changes...I myself have done these things in the past, and I could hardly ever remember what combinations of changes I made in the past and what state my system was currently in.  Now, I do not spend any time with all that.  Just happily fly in my beautiful P3D world.

Unless u can run framerates that match your monitor refresh rating there will be stutters in p3d v2. This is a vsync issue not a performance issue. If u dont see them u are lucky. But they are there, they have to be.

Matt Wilson