Sign in to follow this  
Guest C172pilot

My Rant

Guest Ken_Salter

Thanks, Tom! :-)

Guest crabster

Don't let it get to you Tom. No matter what you, SOMEONE will always p*ss and moan. You can't please everybody. If it a legitimate gripe well then ok, deal with it. But the cr*p flying around the newsgroups, just ignore it. You've got a good layal fanbase here :)

Guest Edam

The sad fact of the matter is that for as long as there have been forums and newsgroups, and for as long as there will be, there will be people like that.Even having restrictive membership requirements probably won't stop it, although it may slow it down to some extent.

And that is not to mention the large number of downloads of mseh scenery that are hammering our server. I wish some ofthe readers here at AVSIM would understand what they are getting for free and learn both a little appreciation and courtesy. And I don't have any idea how many times we have said we do not charge and have no intention of charging for any type of access to AVSIM or the files in the libraryRobert KirklandASSOCIATE PUBLISHERAVSIM

Guest Flytrumpet

Tom,(and all the AVSIM staff)I haven't posted in a long time...but felt that i had to today.Please,disregard those little microbes that are infesting the FS world.You guys are doing a tremedous job,and beeing without AVSIM would be very sad for me.Yes it's been(a very tiny bit)more difficult to download in the past couple of days....i say...so what...the file will still be there..why such a hurry?To be honnest..after a couple of times hitting refresh..the download started..at least(as opposed to another site we know....)the download is actually happening at a decent speed for high speed users.Like i said ,i rarely say anything...but read a lot from the AVSIM forums...it comes at the same level of priority as the first coffee in the morning..:D Thanks so much to all of you for the hard work...and also money that you are putting to please us....Best regardsRichard CYHZ

Tom, I feel your pain. too many times I see posts about a release from someone that hosted the file on their site only to have the site go down due to excessive bandwidth and then the posts start basically saying the author was an idiot for not anticipating this and not preventing it.The world is full of demanding , childish, immature individuals unfortunately, but I like to think they are a vast minority, just their whining seems to stand out above the logic.There are people in this world that are without PCs, without FS, without electricity, without food even, and these whiners have nothing better to do that complain because they can't get the file they want, when they want it,... one thing to say....grow up and get a life and go fly!I fully support you guys and truly appreciate this site. I would understand if you packed it up, although I wouldn't be happy about it. My FS9 folder is about 16 gigs at the moment, I run a VA, I have several projects working in FSDS and I HAVE A LIFE, I think I can wait till you guys get things rolling again and not worry about not being able to get a file, or view a screenshot. Tom, Ken, Matt, Aidi, et al, THANK YOU for this home away from home!Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/PBTMCa.jpgCalVirAir International VACougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviation[link:www.cgrmtnhelos.com]Cougar Mountain Helicopters

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Philip Olson

I agree Tom, I can not believe that people actually have the audacity to come on here and complain when you have clearly stated what you are doing. I too am very sick of the me generation, well actually the me crowd because they are in every generation, always complaining when they can't get what they want when they want it. Let me tell you that I am thrilled to have Avsim available to me, you guys do it better than anyone, period, and it is all for free and because you guys choose to do this for us. I can not believe that there are people who can complain about that, all I can say is if you can do it better than Avsim then do it but don't come here and complain because you aren't satisfied with a slow down while they try to make the whole experience even better for you. Please people grow up,even I behaved better than this at five years old, and if I did start my parents would give me a whack to put me back in line. This is a great service, don't bite the hand that feeds you!!! Tom and everyone at Avsim you have my thanks for what you do and what you go through, you also have my apologies for those that can not see past themselves.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Erick_Cantu

So long as nothing is perfect, and people are dumb and whiny...someone with a longer attention span can finish that.

Tom, even if AVSIM could never provide me with another file, I would be eternally grateful for all that you HAVE given me. I'm sure that we all have more great planes and sceneries (all free) than we could ever begin to fully utilize and appreciate. Why complain because we can't move on to something new for a week or two? I hope that you will announce a spring fundraiser that we can all get behind and demonstrate what the vast majority thinks of AVSIM. Hopefully, we'll never take you for granted again.John F

Guest PSP

Dont Listen. We love ya Tom!Your still the best.P.S. Im going now to click on every banner on the site ....Twice.

Guest hitchhiker90

Tom,I'm a brand new member to AVSIM, so I probably don't have the right to voice an opinion, but I have been coming here and viewing the forums and library for over a year. Just never registered until a few minutes ago.We don't mean no disrespect to AVSIM or the flight sim community. I love it as a hobby even tho I really suck at it. I'm probably not as big of a FS'er as some of the others, just fly it in my off time, but it is enjoyable and your site helped make it enjoyable. This is the only flight sim site I do visit regularly. If you take it away you'll be taking away the interest of lot of people. I'm willing to wait as are others until I get a connection for downloads. Not that I really downloaded much anyway because I don't know what I'm doing yet (still doing them tutorials). But I beg of you, please, do not take the site down. Your staff has contributed loads to the community to help make it the #1 site and we'd like to see you keep it that way.On a side note, $6000 for a server? Wow, I thought they were cheaper, around the $4000 area :(

Guest cactus

That BS,Tom. If it makes ya feel better I appreciate you. Send those putz's my way. I'll kick their #### for ya.

Tom, I've been downloading from here and lurking the forums for a very long time. This site is an excellent source for downloads and the forums are really helpful. However you must understand that people love to criticize and this will happen whether the site is free or not. It is an inherent nature for many people never to be satisfied. You guys do all this out of the goodness of your heart and to share your love of this hobby with others. Sure there are times I cant

Guest Air1

Thanks Tom for a job well done. I think we are dealing with a bunch of children here, at least I hope so.Steve A

Tom,Let me also thank the Avsim team for their efforts to keep this site up and running. Don't let the rants of a few immature people get you down. They are the minority. Regular updates about the problem were posted. We knew everything that was going on. Everyone at Avsim was very up front and honest about the issues. I cannot say that about many other sites on the Internet. Keep up the good work, and remember that you have the full support of the community behind you. Sincerely,Craig Swartzlander

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF