Sign in to follow this  
G_Fil_24

Will AI plane traffic ever be possible?

I've been wondering about this for a while. Will it eventually be possible to add AI plane traffic to Flight?

What about car and boat traffic?

Thanks in advance,

G_Fil_24

I think Stonelance will be able to answer this with more authority, but I don't see it happening. That would be a tremendous amount of work in my opinion. I also think it would add a major load to the sim and we would start to see performance issues.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well....... we know that the police plane is a sort of Ai........... (I think)

But how much and how versatile that AI is, is an open question.............

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well....... we know that the police plane is a sort of Ai........... (I think)

But how much and how versatile that AI is, is an open question.............

This may sound a little negative but AI traffic may never be possible with Flight - I can sort of suggest why:

1. Boats and Vehicles are NOT animated - there is a possibility that they can be manually animated but this will involve major exporting to Granny Runtime and animating through Autodesk. It may be possible
  2. The second problem is that FSX AI is nothing like Flight - obviously! Unlike FSX, Flight doesn't have a traffic .bgl file to control the placement of AI. Again, I'm not sure of this as Microsoft may have hidden the possibility it in the internal code.
  3. Law enforcement that you see in missions are programmed - Aircraft are animated. The AI are given a dedicated flight path in the mission script and they follow this path unless another script fires and the mission ends (i.e. when you have been caught).

However, there is hope. I remember an image that Dick posted - it had birds... I don't know if they were animated or static. If they were animated then there's hope...

The birds were animated, so the FSX conversion accepted the built-in object animation... but there was no AI.

Dick

Maybe aircraft in airports can be animated and added to the FSX .bgl's? Could that work?