I'm using the MSI 970 Gaming 4G.

If using it as designed, it usually sites around 52 degrees C when idle, because it's designed not to use the fans until it reaches 60 degrees C. When gaming using the default fan profile, in Crysis 3 or other high-GPU-use programs, I've had it hit 78 degrees C (using the default OC).

I have it overclocked and actually am using a custom fan profile through Afterburner that has the fan run at a minimum of 40% (it's still silent at that speed) up to 40 degrees C then ramps up 1:1 from fan speed percentage to GPU temp. With the fan running at 40 degrees C it sits idle at 38 degrees C. When using my custom overclock and fan profile I've only had it get up to 76 degrees C.

It's a damn fine GPU at an awesome price!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

52c? WOW thats high for an idle temp. anyway what is the TDP of your card? i might aswell buy the MSI version cause i just read about zotac and alot of people complaint about the built quality of the zotac's gtx 970 i dont know if its true. but just to make sure i'll just stay away on zotac for now.

As far as TDP goes, on my OC I have it set to 110% of power (I haven't unlocked the TDP as I like the warranty too much... ;) ).

As far as the 52 C, that's with only passive cooling, fans are not spinning at all at that temp. With my custom fan profile it purrs along (can't hear it) at 38 C.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

hello i just bought myself a gtx 970 but not msi. i chose the gigabyte G1 variant. i just tested it on far cry 4 and youre the performance is a BEAST damn i got 60fps FLAT! plus i temp test the card by playing outside of our house and the card is 33c idle and 50+ on far cry 4. by the way i didnt choose the msi cause its more expensive than the G1 :D

Any throttling issues for anyone when the temp is >60 or >65 degrees?

This may or may not happen on FSX or P3D depending on the GPU load, but on other games as well?

Idle temperature of 61 C for my eVGA FTX ACX 2.0 GTX 970 card. I thought that was very high, but with the fans off, that is about normal for this factory overclocked card. Never seen the card get higher than 75 C when trying out the Heaven and Valley benchmark programs. I don't use a fan profile yet and don't know if I'll set one up.

This may or may not happen on FSX or P3D depending on the GPU load, but on other games as well?

Idle temperature of 61 C for my eVGA FTX ACX 2.0 GTX 970 card. I thought that was very high, but with the fans off, that is about normal for this factory overclocked card. Never seen the card get higher than 75 C when trying out the Heaven and Valley benchmark programs. I don't use a fan profile yet and don't know if I'll set one up.

wow that's high for an idle temp. the fan should kick if the gpu reaches 60c

i didnt experience that yet. my gtx 970 g1 only reaches 59c max.

wow that's high for an idle temp. the fan should kick if the gpu reaches 60c

i didnt experience that yet. my gtx 970 g1 only reaches 59c max.

You're correct. I fooled around with the fan settings and now I got the idle down to under 30c. The fans don't kick in until the temperature reaches 61c.