Sign in to follow this  
raymar

2014 Carenado Christmas Sale is on - Dec 9 - Dec 21

I was one of the biggest gripers about that airplane FDE and I'll now say this....if you fix the flaps setting (which was horribly wrong) it flies spot on the numbers.  Not a thing wrong with the FDE.  And it'll fly fast and high.

Yes, you're absolutely right;  there's a thread in the 210 section of the Carenado forum here, with all the details about the flaps, and the mod that makes them work!

All three are good!

Make sure you get the Bernt Stolle FDE updates for the Bonanzas, if you go that route.

The F33 is still my go-to aircraft and is now equipped with a GTN650, along with

autopilot mods and RXP flightline gauges..  lovely cockpit!

I presume those FDE Updates are for the FSX versions of the Bonanza; would they work for the FS9 versions as well?

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I presume those FDE Updates are for the FSX versions of the Bonanza; would they work for the FS9 versions as well?

I have no idea.. sorry.

Bert

Wow, Pc Aviator 80%+ off Carenado aircraft.  I just purchased 5  Carenado aircraft for X-Plane all under 27.00, like 4 and 5 buck each. Has to be the best bargain I have found in over 20ys of simming. Carenado, IMO, like PMDG for X-plane!

No.

FS9 aircraft.cfg's and .air files will work in FSX, but not vice versa.   There are additional hex values in the FSX .air files, that don't exist in FS9.

No.

FS9 aircraft.cfg's and .air files will work in FSX, but not vice versa.   There are additional hex values in the FSX .air files, that don't exist in FS9.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still undecided, but what the heaven... all three of them combined are less than a $20 spot; still a great deal!

:lol:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still undecided, but what the heaven... all three of them combined are less than a $20 spot; still a great deal!

It's a long time since I've used FS9 but I distinctly remember when I first flew some Carenado birds in FSX, thinking "Hmm, they don't fly as nicely as they did in FS9". :smile:

...so you might not have anything to worry about with them in FS9. :wink:

I really enjoyed their B58 Baron however I switched over to the Milviz B55 which I like much better. Overall Carenado's B58 is good though. I would also recommend their Bonanzas (my favorite is the A36 model). The AC11 is also pretty fun to fly as well. I try to avoid their G1000 planes because I'm just not happy with the quality of them. Some of their other glass cockpit planes that don't use the G1000 aren't as bad (such as the A36 Bonanza) and I can tolerate them more.

Samuel Scully