Sign in to follow this  
breakwin

Like always, blurries and low rendering distance.

Hey! 

i'm having some serious render problems in p3d 2.4. I spent the entire day trying to fix this but with no luck.
I've tried changing FFTF and Lod_radius to all kinds of numbers but none of them do anything for me. 

As you can see there's a clear line where it stops rendering autogen and terrain. As my aircraft moves forward the "line" moves forward aswell. It's like there's a huge bubble around my plane, and outside of this bubble it doesnt render anything. This is really annoying. Any ideas?dbc25d4514722390c3098822aca35204.png

I think it is desired to not raise the VAS.

Try to reduce the autogen building.

Thanks for your reply :) 

however, still the same problem :/ I lowered all three slider to the density and the draw distance is still really bad c1a4c72294df52bc4e117489661d6236.png

I would be interested to know also. Some people report autogen almost infinite but i also experience a clear delimitation where there is no autogen past a few miles around the airplane. I was expecting things to change with my new gtx980 but no improvement.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Thanks for your reply :) 

however, still the same problem :/ I lowered all three slider to the density and the draw distance is still really bad 

Only autogen building.

You must leave scenery complexity and autogen vegetation at the most, especially scenery complexity, radius and tessellation.

I had this issue once where I installed a non P3D ready scenery using the migration tool. Before was fine, happened after installation. I had to do a reinstall to fix this.

Have you installed any scenery thats not P3D ready? 

I get this with FTX Global/Vector/OPenLC where it is more obvious than in a vanilla install. You can reduce this annoying visual by reducing your visibility distance.

AFAIK it is Lockheed Martins attempt to reduce crashes/VAS usage. A bit like removing clouds to improve FPS...

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I get this with FTX Global/Vector/OPenLC where it is more obvious than in a vanilla install. You can reduce this annoying visual by reducing your visibility distance.

AFAIK it is Lockheed Martins attempt to reduce crashes/VAS usage. A bit like removing clouds to improve FPS...

:lol:  Great :)

That is strange indeed.   I have a very large load of add-ons on my 2.4 install and actually run with 9.5 LOD_RADIUS with Autogen on Normal for both and Scenery Complexity on Very High and my scenery renders out extremely far that I cannot notice popping of any kind.    You have done ZERO tweaks to your CFG file?

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Thanks for your answers guys :) 

My addons are Ftx global and Vector aswell as rex 4

Thats about it, except things like fsuipc and AXE.

Ive done zero tweaking.. and ive desperately tried changing every setting in p3d with no avail. 

Funny you say that TrafficPilot. These are the only scenery addons i have. However I can't stand the default scenery/terrain.  I will try removing ftxglobal/vector this weekend. What add-ons do you guys recommend instead of ftx? :)

breakwin I couldn't see all your pictures when I replied yesterday - mine doesn't look like that - I just have a distinct line between autogen and no autogen around 20miles diameter around the aircraft at low altitudes. This is a common issue with P3D. It doesn't look as bad as in your pix!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Hey! 

Any ideas?

Are you set up like this:  using nVida Inspector, set AF to 'Application Controlled'.  In P3D, set AF to 16x.  There are other configurations to bring in good AA as well.  Make sure AF is set this way and see if it helps--it's required in my setup for best distance clarity.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

That is strange indeed.   I have a very large load of add-ons on my 2.4 install and actually run with 9.5 LOD_RADIUS with Autogen on Normal for both and Scenery Complexity on Very High and my scenery renders out extremely far that I cannot notice popping of any kind.    You have done ZERO tweaks to your CFG file?

Do you run FTX Global or FTX vector?