Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

Wing tip vortices and contrails

Hi,

I'm using PrecipitFX in Prepar3d v2.4. Rain and snow work fine. But I don't see wing tip vortices and contrails are barely visible. I just completed a flight in the Aerosoft A319 from EGLL to EDDM and the outside temperature at cruise altitude was below -30 degrees Celcius. But no vortices. Rob Ainscough posted this video on Youtube in which the vortices and contrails are clearly visible but this is not how it looks on my system.

In another thread he mentioned that he had to make some adjustments to make them work. Maybe you could check with him how to fix this problem.

Thanks and regards

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi,

I'm using PrecipitFX in Prepar3d v2.4. Rain and snow work fine. But I don't see wing tip vortices and contrails are barely visible. I just completed a flight in the Aerosoft A319 from EGLL to EDDM and the outside temperature at cruise altitude was below -30 degrees Celcius. But no vortices. Rob Ainscough posted this video on Youtube in which the vortices and contrails are clearly visible but this is not how it looks on my system.

In another thread he mentioned that he had to make some adjustments to make them work. Maybe you could check with him how to fix this problem.

Thanks and regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo,

If you installed PrecipitFX before December 9, please uninstall and reinstall using the Install Utility. We found a glitch in the installer causing this kind of problem.

If you installed after Dec. 9, please make sure the "Special effects detail" slider in the "Scenery" tab is set to "high" in your P3D settings.

Let me know if it worked for you!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven,

setting the Special effects detail slider to high did the trick for the contrails. But still no wing tip vortices. What are the exact conditions to get them? Anything else than total outside temp below -30 degrees Celcius?

Thanks

Carlo

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi Keven,

setting the Special effects detail slider to high did the trick for the contrails. But still no wing tip vortices. What are the exact conditions to get them? Anything else than total outside temp below -30 degrees Celcius?

Thanks

Carlo

With PrecipitFX, wingtip vortices are displayed when the wing has a high angle of attack, these are the default conditions shipped with FSX/P3D.

Contrails are displayed at -30 regardless of anything else

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

With PrecipitFX, wingtip vortices are displayed when the wing has a high angle of attack, these are the default conditions shipped with FSX/P3D.

Ok. Will check that tomorrow and then report back. Thanks for the info!

I have very short contrail and barely visible

Settings on maximum, PREPAR3D V2.4

Best regards.

I have very short contrail and barely visible

Settings on maximum, PREPAR3D V2.4

Best regards.

Hi, can you post some screenshots?

Thanks

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Can you post bigger photos 180px is a bit small...

Is this enough size?

ddcf38c91bba.png

fc83dd74f672.png

f37553d2472e.png

Any ideas what the issue is?

No answer the third day :wacko:

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product from the configuration utility?

Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Sorry for the late reply,

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the product from the configuration utility?

Keven

I tried to reinstall.
Explain please, what you mean from the configuration utility?

I tried to reinstall.
Explain please, what you mean from the configuration utility?

The software you use to install PrecipitFX. Otherwise known as the "installer"

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42