Sign in to follow this  
Guest apieper

Golden standard for aircraft add on's .....

Hi everybody,I would like to start a thread about "golden standards" for add on aircraft's. I guess that's include:- eye candy- good documentation- high (flight) fidelityRegarding the heavy jet's I gues PMDG's 737NG's and LevelD's 767 are winner's. There might be more.Regarding turboprops it's my impression that the ATR72-500 from Flight 1 is a clear winner.But what about the GA-aircraft's. I would like some opinions about which GA-aircraft's are doing well living up to the mentioned "golden standard". Do somebody have an opinion about this issue? suggestions - and why ?BRLars

Guest bigun

Lars,I agree 100% with your three choices listed above. In addition, for GA, I believe the Dreamfleet Beech A36 is there for GA as well as the DF 727. Both top notch add-ons.

Definitely the DF A36 for "modern GA single". It's a winner in all the three categories you mentioned.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest bobsk8

Definetly the Bill Lyons Grumman Goose G21 Amphib is my # 1 favorite to fly, and I own the PMDG 737 and the ATR 72. Why??? Cause it feels like you are flying a real airplane. http://windrfters.com/cgoosepage.htm

Guest diajohn2

I own PMDG737NG, LDS763 and the ATR72. They are all wonderful and meet the "gold standard" You must include the Dreamfleet 727 as another. It is a great aircraft built for a different age of flying before FMC's.I love and fly them all.

Guest Moviedirector20

F1s Piper Meridian is superb

Guest JimC1702

Can't forget the Aeroworx B200 King Air.Jim

Guest bigun

"Can't forget the Aeroworx B200 King Air"Your right about that. Fantastic add-on.

As far as freeware is concerned, although originally designed for FS2000, I think Bill Grabowski's ERJ145 panel remains one of the best FS addons ever.http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The LDS 767 is my plane of choice at the moment, although the panel is not quite as sharp as the PMDG 737.I'm looking forward to the PMDG 747 which I'm sure will be playboy of the month - for many months.The standard set by Flight1, PMDG and LevelD is so high that I can't see how it can be pushed much further within existing FS and hardware limits, but I look forward to being proved wrong.Ian

Guest almogo

The LDS 767 is my plane of choice at the moment, although the panel is not quite as sharp as the PMDG 737. By sharp do you refer to graphic design of the panel or to the total functionality ?And a question to the other people who have expressed their opinion in this thread: Judging by the gold standard. How would you rate the PSS Concorde ?Since no one has mentioned it yet, I presume that no one thinks that it should be included in the list. I'd be interested to know why.Oren

>Hi everybody,>>I would like to start a thread about "golden standards" for>add on aircraft's. I guess that's include:>- eye candy>- good documentation>- high (flight) fidelity>>Regarding the heavy jet's I gues PMDG's 737NG's and LevelD's>767 are winner's. There might be more.>Regarding turboprops it's my impression that the ATR72-500>from Flight 1 is a clear winner.>But what about the GA-aircraft's. I would like some opinions>about which GA-aircraft's are doing well living up to the>mentioned "golden standard". Do somebody have an opinion about>this issue? suggestions - and why ?>>BR>Lars>************************************************************This post has been edited by the apostrophe police************************************************************I would like to start a thread about "golden standard" for add on aircraft. I guess that includes:- eye candy- good documentation- high (flight) fidelityRegarding the heavy jets I guess PMDG's 737NG and LevelD's 767 are winners. There might be more.Regarding turboprops it's my impression that the ATR72-500 from Flight 1 is a clear winner.But what about the GA-aircraft. I would like some opinions about which GA-aircraft are doing well living up to the mentioned "golden standard". Do somebody have an opinion about this issue? suggestions - and why ?************************************************************All in good fun! ;-)************************************************************

I mean sharp as in crispness and fineness of line. For example, the route lines on the EHSI and the FD cue markings on the EADI are thicker than shots of the real cockpit would suggest. There were a few threads about this on the LDS support forum, but I'm not sure there's much that can be done. Anyway, it's certainly not a problem for me - just an observation. Functionality, FDE etc are I believe nigh on perfect..If I was allowed only one plane to fly on FS it would be the 767 - I just wish someone would came out with an Airbus to the same standard.Ian

I love Level Ds 767 BUT it is not finished, there needs to be at least one more patch. So claiming it is the golden standard is ridiculous. It took PMDG a few patches to iron out the bugs, but we can now say the 1.5 version of the 737 series IS the golden standard for add-ons, even to this dayI am looking to the future and claiming PMDG's 747 will be the next standard. But currently, besides the 737, Dreamfleets 727 and the ATR are a close tie. These packages are almost perfect