Sign in to follow this  

Hi!

I have bought some stuff for my computer recently but i wonder if it will work together with the MOBO since i doesn't have a good one.

My current rig is:

i5 4670k OC 4.2 GHz

GTX 660TI

ASUS Z87-A Motherboard

16gb Ram

CX 600 PW

H60 Water cooler

Now my question is: Will a i7 4790k work good with the mobo as long as the Power Supply? I will also attach a H80i Water Cooler for lower temp..

Do you thing i need to buy a new mobo?

Cheers

/Jacob

I have an Asus Z87-A motherboard with a 4770K@4.0 and a GTX770.

Works just fine!

Would not know what is not "good" about it..

A 4790K should also work with it...  you may need to update the BIOS though..

Bert

uppdate the bios with the 4670k first (run uppdater tool) it wont boot with the 4790k .

Note: Must apply the attached BIOS updater tool first before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors.

Have done it on several Z87 mobos its not like a normal bios update,lot of z87 owners had problems with this uppdate to Devils canyon.

uppdate the bios with the 4670k first (run uppdater tool) it wont boot with the 4790k .

Note: Must apply the attached BIOS updater tool first before using the new Intel 4th Gen Core processors.

Have done it on several Z87 mobos its not like a normal bios update,lot of z87 owners had problems with this uppdate to Devils canyon.

Hmm..Okay, i have no idea too, is there any tutorials out there?

the problem is the correct Mei driver, updater tool is for the mobos without flashback bios uppdating, you must uppdate in Win with your Mobo with the 4670k first.

http://www.asus.com/microsite/2014/MB/New_4th_gen_Intel_processor_compatibility/

the problem is the correct Mei driver, updater tool is for the mobos without flashback bios uppdating, you must uppdate in Win with your Mobo with the 4670k first.

http://www.asus.com/microsite/2014/MB/New_4th_gen_Intel_processor_compatibility/

Im new to this and i cant really Understand :/ I know how to update but i dont know what you mean with that i need to update in win with my mobo with the 4670k

1. You need to update the Asus BIOS with your current processor installed.

2. After that, you can swap processors.

If you swap first, the new processor will not boot up.

Bert

Go to the manufacturer website and find your exact mobo and download the latest bios update

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |