Sign in to follow this  
Chandy

Installer to FSX runs then terminates

Hi guys,

I need some help on this one.

I purchased the PrecipFX program from SimMarket, downloaded it from Old Prop Solutions (all fine so far) as per the directions; unpacked the files and ran it from the .exe file. I then got a pop-up telling me the Application couldn't be installed and to contact the vendor. I have tried the install process several times, including a second download but I have the same fail problem. I have all FSX service packs and Acceleration. How can I get around this? I contacted the developer at Zinertek but they say they haven't heard of Old Prop Solutions. There is a large Notepad-format "Details" list but that makes no sense to me as I'm not that tech-savvy.

I am afraid I'm bamboozled and would be grateful for whatever assistance can be provided.

Thanks in advance,

John G

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi guys,

I need some help on this one.

I purchased the PrecipFX program from SimMarket, downloaded it from Old Prop Solutions (all fine so far) as per the directions; unpacked the files and ran it from the .exe file. I then got a pop-up telling me the Application couldn't be installed and to contact the vendor. I have tried the install process several times, including a second download but I have the same fail problem. I have all FSX service packs and Acceleration. How can I get around this? I contacted the developer at Zinertek but they say they haven't heard of Old Prop Solutions. There is a large Notepad-format "Details" list but that makes no sense to me as I'm not that tech-savvy.

I am afraid I'm bamboozled and would be grateful for whatever assistance can be provided.

Thanks in advance,

John G

Please contact us via our support page (http://fsfx.oldprop.com/en/support/) As this is a system-specific issue.

Thanks, Keven. The problem has now been fixed - it was the user\username\appdata\local\apps\2.0. Once removed all worked fine.

Thank you for your quick response.

John G 

Thanks, Keven. The problem has now been fixed - it was the user\username\appdata\local\apps\2.0. Once removed all worked fine.

Thank you for your quick response.

John G 

Awesome!

Thanks for letting us now, enjoy your flight!