Sign in to follow this  
FleaJump

The Mind-Boggling Realism of ORBX

As to my post #9, I am well satisfied with the many Orbx products I have.

My comment was directed to the Orbx website and that expectations of actual performance an Orbx product on an individual computer ought not be based on the very high quality of the product photos there. The level of perfection reflected in those photos is not essential when the good visuals I get on my computer are enough to satisfy me.

Gary

They're one of the main reasons I've went with a major computer upgrade, after so many years of doing with less

Just curious, what kind of HW upgrade?  And what kind of plane do you use?  I recently flew out of ORBX KTVL RW08, and as I climbed and turn left, I was greeted with a full 2 second pause, which kinda destroyed the sim experience for me.  I am using an i7-2700K OC to 4.8 Ghz and paired with a GTX680.  If I turned off all ORBX stuffs, no 2 second pause at all.  The two aircrafts I tried was the F1 T182T and the RealAir Legacy, both with the same a pause.  Heck I got the same 2 second pause with the Trike!

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I agree with Kevin.  Not taking away AT ALL from what Orbx has done, but landclass does have its limits...it takes much of the personality away from the earth.  But photoreal usually doesn't have seasons and the quality can be an issue as well.  And there's the VAS issue.  So, it's a tradeoff for now.  More and more it's going to move to photoreal but it will probably be a slow, slow crawl. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Just curious, what kind of HW upgrade?  And what kind of plane do you use?  I recently flew out of ORBX KTVL RW08, and as I climbed and turn left, I was greeted with a full 2 second pause, which kinda destroyed the sim experience for me.  I am using an i7-2700K OC to 4.8 Ghz and paired with a GTX680.  If I turned off all ORBX stuffs, no 2 second pause at all.  The two aircrafts I tried was the F1 T182T and the RealAir Legacy, both with the same a pause.  Heck I got the same 2 second pause with the Trike!

At the moment, I7/3960x, Intel DX79SI mb, MSI GTX 980 4 GB, 16 Ram, SSD 256GB, H100 cooler, 1TB HD.  Some of this was an existing system. I have the Legacy from past simming, but need to download. No overclocking yet, either.  I'm just getting back into this.