Sign in to follow this  
KL791

Global AI Ship Traffic FSX and P3D News and Support

Hi Martin,

I found the spot and the ships crossing each other, but flying around them, over them...  I simply can't provoke a CTD - the ships pass each other exactly as they should; maybe a bit too close to be really safe, but definitely no CTD - I have flown around in the area and everything seems perfectly okay. If somebody else could take a trip in the same area could be interesting.

For good order I tested this on two different computers with P3Dv2.5 on one and FSX on the other. Both without problems.

15070906412316112913430984.jpg

That's them alright! I could understand if I was getting a CTD in this area without the vessels, but that is not the case.

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I didn't know that the ships have their own engine sounds...at least this one does...

FSX:MS  DX10 Steve's Fixer v2.8

boat1.png

boat2.png

Oh the throb of the engines when you are on the stern of the naval vessels. Can't smell the diesel though!

Martin Parr

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Oh the throb of the engines when you are on the stern of the naval vessels. Can't smell the diesel though!

I dunno..I think I DID when the stern passed me by, lol!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/xss

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/xs4

No idea how to bring this pic to the thread: see link!

The is still the joining of the two rear naval vessels.

Martin Parr

Beautiful pictures of the Deutschland cruise ship in the evening light :smile: And yes, the majority of the ships actually have sound; Knud did sound effects for some while others have standard sound; some of the first does not have sound as I did not know how to do it... How loud the sound is compared to other sounds depends on individual settings as well what as we have written in the effect files. But normally you should be quite close to hear it.

Martin, you will get a new link for a file with the navy ships in a PM; Knud prepared one yesterday where he shortend the route, increased spacing, and slowed the ships; there might be a couple of other routes with the same issue as I sometimes copy route plans from area to area. I will check on that, before making an official patch.

No idea how to bring this pic to the thread: see link!

You need to convert the image to some other format like jpg or bmp.

As I indicated previously I am an avid flight simmer and have had the privilege to command two large naval auxiliaries for almost 8 years. Both helicopter capable with one having both a forward and aft flight deck and one being a large icebreaker. However I am terrible in building virtual ships so if anybody is feeling the urge to build some new vessels for flightsimming I can make line drawings and lots of photographs available.

The image was uploaded as a JPeg to the Oz site, but was not sure what happens thereafter. Issue resolved:

SuperimposedNavalVessels67870.md.jpg

Martin Parr

Henrik,which traffic density would you recommend to have all of your ships in the sim?

Thanks

Mike

As I indicated previously I am an avid flight simmer and have had the privilege to command two large naval auxiliaries for almost 8 years. Both helicopter capable with one having both a forward and aft flight deck and one being a large icebreaker. However I am terrible in building virtual ships so if anybody is feeling the urge to build some new vessels for flightsimming I can make line drawings and lots of photographs available.

Hi RomeoPapa,

Line drawings are always welcome; no guarantee they can always be transformed. But if the ships are interesting, and there is a good story then there is a good chance  ^_^ The shipyard did restart with a few classic models all ships with lots of history - like the S/S Martha from the classic Danish movie of the same name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Prftd2Fu8

Best regards

Henrik

15071104493916112913434997.jpg

Above S/S Martha - below the start of a T2 tanker, which hopefully should be slightly nicer than the existing default model in FSX, and should have good options for repaints.

15071104494016112913434998.jpg

Henrik,which traffic density would you recommend to have all of your ships in the sim?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike

If you put 5 % then you will have all my ships; if you increase to 10 % or more you will get more of the default ships also (not always desirable...) - if you use e.g. RTMM ship packages for the Pacific North West you should increase to 10 %.

Henrik

Thank you,Henrik.

The classic ships are looking superb!

Mike

Thanks

Mike

Make sure that AI traffic for ships and ferries in FSX settings is set to more than 5 %.