Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

Go around thrust logic?

Ok, after some more tests (testing for almost a month, now), I can state that, aside from the THR or THR REF bugged activation, there is no logic in the PMDG 777 go around overall mode activation and this needs fixing. The go around mode does not arm everytime the flaps are out of up or the airplane is on the glideslope. Maybe the first time it works but, if you do a second go around, it often does not activate again and at times you don't even get TOGA/TOGA modes. Then it may work again or work no more, I couldn't find a logic in this. It should instead fully activate **everytime** you push TOGA and the flaps are out of up or you are on the glideslope, period.

Hmm strange then because i tried 5 TOGA yesterday with autopilot on in one episode and had no issues. THR mode in the FMA. Will try testing with second TOGA to see if THR REF is announced. With and with out AP.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hmm strange then because i tried 5 TOGA yesterday with autopilot on in one episode and had no issues.

Michael, could you please try again and check more times if, when on the ILS you press TOGA, THR activates? Further, if you press TOGA the second time, THR REF activates? More, could you try doing more than one go around and check if EACH time THR/TOGA/TOGA (and THR REF/TOGA/TOGA with the second press) activates (if flaps are not up or if on the glideslope)?

Thank you!

James Goggi

Michael, could you please try again and check more times if, when on the ILS you press TOGA, THR activates? 

Thank you!

This is was i did test 5 times circling fully LAND3

Will be back tonight with the other tests

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Hi guys, my problem is just with the alt capture, the speed jumps up and the aircraft overshoots the altitude because of the excessive thrust. Anyone have a solution for that?

Bulent Bldk

Hi guys, my problem is just with the alt capture, the speed jumps up and the aircraft overshoots the altitude because of the excessive thrust. Anyone have a solution for that?

Bulent Bldk

I have the same problem even when setting 5-6000 feet the aircraft really overshoot about 5-700 feet before realising.

But again the aircraft is very very light during approach but with an airportrunway around 10 feet it should be possible to not overshoot 5000 feet

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

This is was i did test 5 times circling fully LAND3

Will be back tonight with the other tests

Michael Moe

Okay testet 3 circling with double TOGA switch and only issue is FMA THR instead of THR REF. with and without AP.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Thank you, Michael. You will see that if you try some more, at times you won't even get THR, but the thrust mode will remain in SPD.

James Goggi

After further testing I found out a kind of logic in the PMDG 777 THR / THR REF activation during go around. See the video:

When I push the TOGA switch for a go around, the cruise altitude in the FMC (PERF INIT page) is automatically set to the go around waypoint altitude (in this case 3000 ft, visible on the LEGS page) and, on the FMA, THR/TOGA/TOGA correctly appear. If I push the TOGA switch once again, I don't get THR REF on the FMA unless I push it when I am above that new cruise altitue, but I think that in real life I should ALWAYS get THR REF when I push TOGA the second time, at any altitude, provided that the flaps are out of up or the airplane is on the glideslope, as per FCOM. You can see in the video that I continuously push the TOGA (click on the screw) but I get THR REF only above 3000 ft.

James Goggi

I have the same problem even when setting 5-6000 feet the aircraft really overshoot about 5-700 feet before realising.

But again the aircraft is very very light during approach but with an airportrunway around 10 feet it should be possible to not overshoot 5000 feet

Michael Moe

I noticed the same thing as well, on first push of the TOGA switch it took about 4-6 seconds for the plane to start achieving a positive rate of climb, it correctly "aimed" for a 2000fpm rate of climb but when ALT capture came on, the climb rate increased and  overshot the altitude (climbing to 4000ft) by about 1000ft, even engaging Vertical speed and 2000fpm from 2000ft doesnt stop it from overshooting the missed approach altitude.

Yes, the overshooting is an issue as well in the go around.

James Goggi