Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Security breach at Steve's paint hangar!

Chris (aka Pinlifter) has admitted that he was snooping around my paint hangar recently...bribed my security guard to get in to snap the pics shown below. (taken from the camera we confiscated from him when we took him into custody).

UZAvMo.png

You can see he was even brazen enough to hop on the wing to snap a pic....but as you'll notice, my new security dog (We call him Cupcake), was on to him, and encouraged him to stay on the wing until backup arrived, hehe.

sjM7zl.png

As you can see in the overhead pic of my hangar, the Security Dog warning is clearly posted...I bet Chris was pretty suprised to see Cupcake after he got up on the wing, LoL!

BTW, that's my private TBM850 parked in the hangar...still white from the factory, my PMDG 777 Division said they could paint her for me...she's not a priority right now though... and I keep flying her from city to city visiting all my paint hangars so its partly my fault she's not painted yet, hehe. (I couldn't get hangar space at one single airport for all my hangars, this one is in KDFW).
And that's cupcake by the 850, he always sniffs around a new plane when its brought into the hangar. :) 
7uEbcq.png

Here is the forum post that led to the new security measures now in place at my hangar...

Now that I'm spending more for security (do you realize how expensive it is to feed a Rottweiler?), I may have to charge more for my repaints...I'm estimating that I'll have to bump the price up 10-15%.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

You just made a cold day warmer. 

That's excellent. Great job. :drinks:

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Loving that Empress machine on the left!!

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

You just made a cold day warmer. 

That's excellent. Great job. :drinks:

jime

Thanks  jime....Having fun with another forum member who encourages me to paint 777 freighters.  :smile:

Loving that Empress machine on the left!!

Thanks Dave.  If you have the PMDG 777 and want to get a preview copy of her to evaluate before others, you and another Canuk I'm actually painting it for (Alstiff) are welcome to it.  She's not ready for the preview copy just yet...struggling with the lower fuse (as always when there are stripes the transition into the bottom).  Also as you can see...her tail still needs paint.

Since she's fictional, I'm letting Al pick the Empress name for her.  If you have a name you'd like to see on your copy let me know and I'm sure I could talk the painters at the PMDG 777 Division to make that little change for ya' :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking good Steve!  Can't wait to dirty her up.  Quick someone call the police :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Looking good Steve!  Can't wait to dirty her up.  Quick someone call the police :lol:

Thanks Chris.  I hope to have her ready for a test flight this weekend.

I'm thinking the font could be a little bigger on the fuse....what's your thoughts?

Oh, and since you are now on my corporation's watch list, your first flight in this bird will be with Cupcake in the right seat to keep an eye on you!  :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Comparing it to a 747 Evergreen livery, I would say make the flag a tad bigger along with the font.  It also looks as though there's a little more space between the words EVERGREEN INTERNATIONAL.

Since Cupcake will be flying with me, I hope he doesn't mind manning the radios :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Comparing it to a 747 Evergreen livery, I would say make the flag a tad bigger along with the font.  It also looks as though there's a little more space between the words EVERGREEN INTERNATIONAL.

Since Cupcake will be flying with me, I hope he doesn't mind manning the radios :lol:

I'll make those changes, I was kinda' thinkin' the same thing.  Its a little tricky to scale it correctly working off a totally different airframe, but I'll get her looking respectable soon.

Oh..and we don't let Cupcake near the avionics anymore...last time he manned (or dogged, as it were) the radios, his excessive drool shorted out Nav1 and the radar control unit!

Its best just to let him look out the window (but don't let him convince you to open it so he can hang his head out...OK for cars...not so much for 777s  :Just Kidding: ).  He's a really good backup TCAS, he'll woof if he sees traffic nearby,

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Cough, I see a CP Air livery there Steve!

That you do my friend.  :wink:

She's got some issues I need to resolve, but I'll get her done when I can.  In the mean time, as I mentioned above, I'm letting you choose your own Empress name...so just shoot me one and that's what the painters will put on the side of her.  And also give me a registration number you'd like her to fly with.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

That is easy...

CF-CPG (after an old long haul DC-8 they flew)

Empress Of Canada! (I know they used city names but it was a national airline)

Took her up for a quick look at the new font and flag size....

x60Zws.png

dOhjop.png

Maybe just a little larger?  Hmmm.

Tail is looking ok I think.

ZS8qMh.png

I swear if there was an easy way to match the lines where the side and bottom textures meet that would cut my painting time on this bird by 75% at least!  :Silly:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looks sharp Steve!  I agree....maybe just a smidge bigger on the fuse fonts.  Love the ramp rash!

Chris Sunseri

Looks sharp Steve!  I agree....maybe just a smidge bigger on the fuse fonts.  Love the ramp rash!

I think the font is the right size now....when the bottom is lined up she's done.

Taking on a dawn flight....

lnU3hW.png

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg