Sign in to follow this  
Wink207

BSODs with NGX?

Hi all:

I have been getting some annoying BSODs when flying the PMDG 737 NGX. I have not seen anything similar flying other aircraft.  While I don't suspect the crashes to be caused by NGX, I'm wondering if there could be some kind of driver issue where NGX is looking for something on my system, like a driver, and I do not have the needed version installed. The error code or whatever you call the BSOD screen is:

0x0000009C

Has anyone seen something like this or have an idea on how it can be occurring (driver, etc)?

I am running:

Win 7 Pro

FSX Gold

UTX

GEX

REX

ASN

GTX Titan

I7 4820 3.7 oc'd to 4.5

16 gig (2x8)

Separate HD for FSX

48" 1080 P HD TV 19x10

Lots of fans and 360 water cooling

Temps remain in the 50's for the CPU and low 70s for GPU

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks

Full names on posts here please, see forum rules.

BSOD are almost always a hardware issue. Almost any problem with an app will at worst result in a crash to desktop or an error message telling you that windows is closing the app.  Try backing off your overclocking.

Dan Downs KCRP

Have you followed Nick N bible and how to OC a Haswell? Over on simforums?

Vernon Howells

Thanks guys. After some diddling around today it's beginning to look like my problem may have been the 347.09 driver with DSR activated. I've reverted back to an earlier driver without DSR and looks like the blue screen issue may be gone. We'll see.