Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Thats It - Im Finished With Flight Sim

Guest captbulldog 2

Hopefully you're done with your AVSim account too.

Guest Philip Olson

Ok, as you can see there are quite a few people here who are willing to help you and some that took offense to the way in which you stated your problem. I can't blame them either, but maybe you should try and get help from those willing to offer it. First lat me ask you this, as a pilot what aircraft do you fly in the real world? I ask this in order to get a better understanding as to what systems you are used to. Admitedly it does take some time for even real world pilots to get used to MSFS, or any sim for that matter because of the lack of physical sensations of movement and the fact that most people use a joystick in the sim instead of a yoke. How much time have you put into the sim so far? I agree with the others that have said that you might do well to purchase one of the top of the line add-ons like the PMDG 737, but you can expect to spend a lot of time learning it's systems unless you are familiar with the real world counter part. I think that in many ways MSFS is not for the usual game crowd in that you have to spend time learning how to use it properly if you want a realistic experience, anyone can start a game up and run around shooting people, very little skill or learning there. In MSFS it takes time to learn how to land an aircraft properly, this I don't have to tell you. I can not really speak for the Posky planes as I have not flown them much but I do not recall having the same problems that you speak of. Perhaps you can pick one aircraft that you want to master and tell me (us) exactly what you are doing and when during a landing sequence and we can give you some pointers to help you master it. In the past when I was learning the sim I got a lot of help from this and other forums, people here want to help. Perhaps there is something that you are simply over looking or maybe you are trying to apply some of your real world knowledge of a plane that does not apply to this type of aircraft. There are many possibilities but we are willing to help. I know that you are angry but I would stop short of calling MSFS rubbish, it is not perfect but it is pretty good with some learning and practice. It is human nature to become frustrated when you can not accomplish something but sadly most people put the blame on an outside source instead of admitting that they may not be doing something right. If you can put that aside and try to learn from your mistakes you will be miles ahead of many people on this world. We are here to help you.Take care and best of luck! Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Philip, great post there, but somehow I think that such kind of a post is not for such a person like him. I don't think you will reach him with that. Imagine you have a really bad behavioral child to deal with, who doesn't really care if he does good or bad, and then you try to put some sense into it. Shortly said, I think you are doing Sisyphus's work.

Guest Philip Olson

Word Not Allowed, Thanks for the compliment! I am hoping that maybe this guy is the calm pilot that he says he is and just got to the breaking point for whatever reason, we all have our moments. :-) If he is them I want to be able to help him, if not, well that will come out too. I will give you that most people that rant on the forums are not really interested in getting help but in this case I will at least make the offer, no harm in that. In some ways I am surprised that I jumped in here like that, I am usually quite put off by posts like that and usually just let them go but this time I am being nice. :-) Let us hope that we can help this guy, if not it is his loss not ours.Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Well, if not the first post, but then surely his 3rd post reveals he is *not* a calm pilot, if even a pilot! Help he been offered him, and he just went on ranting around.But, all in all, true what you say: it's his loss.edit: imho, he's an angry kid, whose parents denied buying him lds or pmdg on their credit card :-lol :-lol

Well at least there is a dumbed down XBOX version on the wayto suit this guy.

Guest dsflyer

Cannot believe i gave that "guy" the time of day. Oh well i live and learn:-walksmile

I wonder....I love that someone like you is leaving us....we don't need you. This is not a game. It is a SIMULATOR, and that takes some "brains" to operate. Go to XBox or Playstation. Plug it in, and put in the appropriate disk, and run it. I hope MICROSOFT is reading this and realizes that people like you are game console people, and people like US are afficianados of the simulation, and we KNOW how ot use it and enjoy it. GOODBYE.

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Willg,Wow, now if you are an experienced pilot, real or otherwise, and get that upset over a situation, then I highly suggest you:a. Go see a doctor for some help -- physical or mental.b. Turn in your pilots license to the FAA as you are a threat to 'normal' pilots in the air.c. Remove Flight Simulator from your computer hard drive and forget about commericial or GA flying. Some 'shoot em up' game would be much more to your makeup where you can take out your frustrations on the 'enemy'.I'm really not sure how old you are, however if you are anything over the age of 17, then you need some medical help and also need to take a course on 'anger management'. As your attitude just doesn't get it.Flight Sim, just like ANY OTHER SIMULATION, requires you to learn, comprehend and be able to work even the simplest controls -- and being a 'simulation' as in the real world, not every flight or landing is picture perfect. Face it, the simulation is beyound you and you should move on to something else.Best of luck and don't forget the 'anger management' class.Clay http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

And another loser bites the dust... :-lol :-lol :-lol :-wave

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest GCBarni

Let's see....a member of Avsim since the 4th of May and according to the profile, a pilot for British Airways......that's really not enough time to become proficient with FS9....let's cut him some slack, folks!