Sign in to follow this  
Guest GCBarni

Thats It - Im Finished With Flight Sim

Guest willg

ive finally had it with flight sim and planes, ive realised what a horrible frustrating impossibly difficult game it is. EVERY single thing inthe #### game just annoys me, i cant land if i press F7 more than once, virtually every custom panel is bug ridden, the intelligence of the Autopilot sucks, what with it doing a crazy right turn every time u want to put heading or nav hold on. APP hold lands me 30 foot or so off the centre line, the tower always gives me the NON ILS runway, this game is just mental #### for me, the planes are just #### to fly, in real life its possible for the autopilot to land with full flaps, and keep a 5 degree or so nose up pitch, but flightsim being as CRAP as it is will only let the autopilot to fly me towards the runway if i have just 1 flap setting, and even then ill be miles off target. another annoyance is not being able to use the flight map animated into the place where the arc/rose thing shud be, i dont know microsoft didnt include such a useful feature, its like on every plane as well.also many planes have a mind of their own, for no reason just drifting to the right all the time, no i havent put rudder trim on. face it, posky and ifdg are all ####, none of them can make a plane that will actually keep up a nose up pitch and stay on the glidepath, the only planes that do are the microsoft ones, i mean dont these idiots TEST their crappy planes.flaps are basically bloody spoilers in how unable to descend it makes the plane, the AP cant even pitch up and reduce power to over come it for god sake, and im just sick of spending 3 months solid trying to do an ils landing whichll have a fair few notches of flap, at 150 knots in a 737 with a nose up pitch (with APP hold) and im not making basic errors like keeping yaw damper on or something. ive spent 19 hours one day trying to figure out the complications about flaps, speeds and weights but just nothing works, fs is another imposible frustation for me which just feels like a massive burden right now, i need to conquer it, as so many other games like fifa05 and total club manager have driven me to dispair and abandoning the game.FS is so depressing 2, the scenery is just a dull dreary depressing maze.and i cant fly to any main airport like Heathrow San Francisco or Chaules de Gaulle due to the frame rates. im just so ###### with every time i take off and go for a flight i just KNOW there'll be SOMETHING that goes wrong or ruins my flight.okay heres more annoying things, the nav log thinks i can take off and reach my first waypoint which is 30 nm away in 3 mins, and then land within 2 mins from a waypoint 15 nm away from the airport, its just absolutely useles-the whole thing, i dont see any point in just deliberately stressing myself with this game, i dont expect any replies from any1 simply because ive insulted ur favourite rubbish imposibly difficult #### #### game.im a very able and experienced pilot and not a thick ** out of place, im just extremely wound up with the incompetency of people making planes that just cant be landed. posky's 757's can JUST #### OFF, and im just in a rage now, i am a calm experienced serious pilot so dont just assume im not up to it, ive done everything and know everything but the APP hold just wont work as it should, and sod any pissing about with the .cfg crap, thats just pot luck.

:-lolAE%20Sig.gif[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=root&SearchTerm=fritsche&Sort=Added&ScanMode=0&Go=Change+View]My work...[/a][a href=http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=photo_id%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=15&&photographersearch=Danny%20Fritsche&thumbnails=]See me at Airliners.net...[/a][a href=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=6673]Also at jetphotos.net...[/a]

Guest willg

very funny smartass..... so tell me, does ur autopilot land planes with a nose up pitch with more than 1 notch of flap, every1 has the same problem so its not funny, unless ur using stock planes of course.

Not to be flippant but I guess FS9 doesn't meet your expectations? :) Honestly dude it really is not that important to get so upset and you didn't post here to ask for help. By the way, in the real world do you fly anywhere near my house? Bob.. :)

Guest jennifer

Go and ask the doctor for 10mg of valium!:-lol . It's helped me in the past. :-lol

>Go and ask the doctor for 10mg of valium!:-lol . It's helped>me in the past. :-lol My sister in-law says the same thing. :) She has a twin sister and often says that birth made them sisters and valium made them friends. LOL.

Guest jetBlue_83

Now that you've gotten that out of your system, How might we be of assistance?

Guest willg

well its the same recurring problem, i think i was slagging off other game features just as i was on a roll of insults really, its more a frustration at ANY plane i download, what happens is, ill be flying at 153 knots (757) a few flaps (nothing serious) ill have approach and alt hold on.. here it comes.. and what happens is, instead of the aircraft responding to the fact its just intercepted the localizer, it'll very sluggishly slowly nose down, by then its too late and im getting higher and higher above the glidepath. the planes plenty heavy 2, so its not that its underweight, besides,what do i do when the plane happens to be light one day.also, the plane sometimes might descend in a 10 degree nose down attitude which just looks pathetic. there is so simple answer for this, i know what im doing, and after loads of experimenting ive found there has to be something wrong with the plane, im thinking perhaps the trims not responding or the AP cant control it may be. i also just cant crack the formula that is the correlation and relationship between flaps speeds weights and rates of descent, its just so so deep. please help.

Guest willg

another thing that ####### me off is how the APP hold always lands me a good 30 foot or so off the centre line, i mean what real plane/pilot wud do that, it just looks embaressing. the main point is tho how the plane with flaps just flies above the glidepath without any effort to descend, and with no flaps it just does a mad nose down 10 degree move.

Guest jetBlue_83

Hmmm...what panels are you using? Also, when intercepting the localizer, are you intercepting it from above, or from below?

Guest davidvoogd

You could always try one of the high quality payware jets - PMDG's 737NG's ( http://www.precisionmanuals.com ) or the Level D 767 ( www.leveldsim.com ) may be to your liking.

Guest DNelson

I thought you said you knew what you were doing. You don't land with the autopilot engaged, unless you're into Cat III operations, which somehow I doubt.To use your words, no real plane/pilot wud land with the AP still engaged.

HelloIt all works perfectly here, But i have spent a lot of time and moneygetting it there.When i used to feel like that i just left it alone for a while and did something else like go online with IL2 and blast other people out of the sky, or if a am having problems with a complex addon i go bush flying for a while.You are critical of the posky planes but remember they are freeware, if you want a nice airliner that works properly buy PMDG 737 or Level D 767.If you think that the scenery is boring then Get:FSGenesis worldwide Mesh MyWorld landclassFlight1 Flight environmentActiveSkyMyTraffic 2.1Add a lot of airport sceneryAdd a ton of roads and watersThen get the best payware aircraft in each catagory that interests you and really learn to use each one.single RealAir SF260Twin Aeroworx B200Airliner PMDG 737Bushplane FSD PorterSometimes like you i seem to hit a wall as far as this sim is concerned but at least if you spring for that lot you will have to much money sunk in the sim to walk away :-)

Guest jennifer

Yes, come on Willq...start from the beginning and tell us which aircraft you're using, and any other relevant details then maybe we can diagnose the problem and come up with some cures.

Guest dsflyer

Yes. Unfortunately FS does take a lot of time, and a bit of money. Iv'e been really frustrated in the past, and looking back i would have just added one add-on at a time and kept saving my system to dvd or whatever. But now everything is near enough "at the mark".Dont know what areoplane you fly but something like the LD767 or PMDG is just awesome. If you want serious framerates you probably have to get a serious rig (i'll get told off if im wrong!). FS is great when all is going well but it can be a #### getting there.Take it easyDan :-)