Sign in to follow this  
asanal

Which HD I should use?

Will you please advise:

I  purchased a new PC. I  have two HD  ,

1-  first one  512 GB SSD 6Gb/s Main C:\

2- Second one,4TB 6XRPM SATA 6Gb/s storage D:\

Which HD I should use for  P3D + MSFSX + FSX-SE?

Which HD I should use for  REX Essential OD, REX 4 Direct, ASN, Fs2Crew, RC, FS Built, My Traffic, Orbx FTX base and Vector and some others (PMDG, Captain SIM and Majestic Q400)

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Is there any member  can advise me?

:clapping:                        

Ahmet Sanal

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "MOBO, RAM, CPU's & Other Hardware". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

SSDs will help flight simulations load quicker, but unless you have a horribly old system, it has been my experience that they will make very little difference in the game itself. There's generally no FPS, perceived smoothness, or texture loading benefits once you've started your flight when comparing SSDs against traditional hard drives.

With that in mind, make it a priority to use the SSD first for your operating system and daily applications. It makes such a huge impact on your day-to-day computer use that squandering it for flight simulation purposes alone does not make sense.

If there's enough room left over, you can install your sims to the SSD as well - but keep in mind that simulation installations can grow pretty big. With scenery and airplanes, flightsim install directories can grow to 100, even 200GB or larger with big photo scenery libraries.

When I first bought an SSD I did so specifically for flight simulations, and blindly installed my sims to the fast drive. It loaded faster all right, but that was about it. When I changed this around and reinstalled Windows to boot off the SSD, holy heck. It made such a difference on my day-to-day computing, I can't imagine having it any other way.

Good luck!

-Greg

Greg,

Thanks for your response. You are right I cannot load SSD up to neck.

Ahmet Sanal

Yes ... the 4Gb data drive is where all your sims and add-ons should be installed.

As I posted before, I installed a 1 TB SSD.  Windows 7, FSX, REX, ASN, 4 Fly Tampa airports + 3 other add on airports,  all the PMDG airplanes = 105 Gb.

So the 500 Gb is plenty if you are using this for FSX only.

Paul Gugliotta