Sign in to follow this  
ggth6756

Installation of Earth simulations Isle of Man boxed edition

Excellent news Rich! Well done!

As for settings, yes it is quite a demanding scenery so I would reduce your autogen to normal at first as there are a lot of bespoke models for it.

You may want to up your LoD radius in the fsx.cfg file. I find a setting of 6.5 miles reduces blurriness of photo textures quite a bit. Warning: this will lead to longer load times and increase your VAS usage quite a bit so only use this when flying over photo scenery.

Keep traffic to a minimum as well. Personally I don't use road or ship traffic at all, or airport traffic. I usually only use the type of air traffic that I'm likely to notice too - such as turning off airline traffic if I'm just going around small GA airfields. Or turning off GA if I'm flying into big airports.I never have either above 20% (this is with MyTraffic X).

What do you have your water settings at? I only use Low 2x. Increasing this can really slow the fps down for little gain (for me anyway).

Also, make sure you limit frame rate. I set mine at 30fps in FSX and use nVidia Inspector to set vsync at 1/2 refresh rate.

Oh yes, I just thought of something else - see if you can download the freeware birds from ESI. They are a great 'aircraft' for exploring the detail of ES sceneries. Careful of the swan's vicious stall characteristics though! :lol:

Stuart Furley

Glad you got it installed finally Rich, evidently my IoM has got lost in the post so I'll have to wait a few more days.

Can't help with the stuttering and blurryness as I don't have the scenery yet but as Stus says try reducing traffic and autogen; it obviously depends on your hardware as well.

Glad you got it working Rich, I can't get mine to install even using that guide you used :(

I get as far as "decompressing files" then Windows throws up 2 error messages.

However I'm hopeful the flightstore forum admin can help me out.

Guys,

Just for information.

Since ES folded I have done my best to give support to people referred to me by Flightstore. Referrals are not always same day and I do have a life outside of Flight Simulation, but, I think I have been able to resolve most problems.

I don't spend a lot of time going around all the forums and found this section by chance, so, can I just say to those wanting a section on ES that one already exists on the Flightstore Forum: - http://forum.flightstore.co.uk/

I see a link already here to a document I created so at least one has found the forum. If you want ESI 2.5 to transfer stuff into FSXse or P3D I host that at www.arm-computers.co.uk though why you would want to use it is beyond me.

Happy flying

TonyM

With the help of Tony IoM is now successfully installed on my system.

For whatever reason the earlier attempts did not actually copy files to my PC despite the installer saying it was doing so.

The successful attempt followed the same procedure (no Internet connection) as earlier attempts but this time files and folders were created on my PC.

Thanks Tony for your help.

Dave