Sign in to follow this  
SteveFx

Version 2.7

No, 2.6 assumes the world is as when it was written and the fsx config file and shader are in their normal locations under AppData. In you setup steam edition has used different locations.

You only solution is to download and install 2.7 then uninstall the libraries ( which is two button presses) and then select the path of the fsx system you want to use in this case steam and install the libraries.

Hy Steve,

isn´t it possible to have the librarys installed on both fsx at the same time?

I have just downloaded the SE and i want to compare both versions. I have a lot of addons, install each addon seperately, then testing and so on. I switch every time between Box and SE Version. So it´s really a bit anoying to switch also every time the librarys in DX10Fixer. It´s enough work to keep the Sim´s working, mostly more hours "hangarwork" than flying.

Also, it has ever a little bad taste to install and uninstall things in the sim (i mean the librarys), because nobody knows if the uninstall really deletes everything and sets the system exactly in the state before installing the libs and activating dx10. Especially when you have to do this 50 times!

So,... long text, simple question, is it possible to have DX10 installed on both sims with same settings?

Best Regards

Christian Schultz

Christian see post #9

It all sounds so easy but it isn't. If SE had existed when I wrote it then it wouldn't work in the way that it does - storing the state of whether the libraries are installed and fsx effects last update etc etc in one place. Instead I would have implemented separate settings for fsx and SE.

As it is I have to deal with existing customers who may now have

1. Just FSX

2. Just SE looking like FSX (single installation)

3. SE and FSX co-installed

4. Just SE after FSX in a co-installation was uninstalled - which is different to (2)

5. FSX and SE running in the Pete Dowson merged model

I don't want to inconvenience existing customers who have a single install (who are in the vast majority) by forcing them to do a complete uninstall and reinstallation of the product (losing all settings) or run a data migration program.

Therefore I have decided for the time to say that the libraries must be installed into one of the two systems - this also ensure that people don't end up with different versions in different systems or black screens after an uninstall.

The product retains all GUI settings (which are common to both systems) when you switch

So yes its a minor inconvenience but its really only a couple of button presses - in 2.8 there is an option to disable the autoclose when uninstalling to make the switch easier.

Thanks for your quick answer Steve.

A little, but helpfull improvement could be to save the paths to the last 2 fsx-folders. That makes switching quite easier, especially when you have the SE-Installation in the standard windows-programfiles-path.

Thats of course not a high priority feature request for 2.8, but (just in case that it´s easy to code) a nice gift for all dual-fsx-simmer.

Thanks for your work on this program, i´m very happy with the improvements that it makes to my sim and it´s in my personal ranking just behind pete´s fsuipc. You guys make really a nice work.

Best Regards

Christian Schultz

The version available for sale from my blog is 2.7.

Hi Steve,

A long overdue thanks for such a cracking piece of software. Does everything it says it should -  it works! My congratulations and thanks too for an excellent, elegant and simple interface which makes the whole thing easy and painless. All the best.

Robert

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

A little, but helpfull improvement could be to save the paths to the last 2 fsx-folders. That makes switching quite easier, especially when you have the SE-Installation in the standard windows-programfiles-path.

Thats of course not a high priority feature request for 2.8, but (just in case that it´s easy to code) a nice gift for all dual-fsx-simmer.

Thanks for your work on this program, i´m very happy with the improvements that it makes to my sim and it´s in my personal ranking just behind pete´s fsuipc. You guys make really a nice work.

Best Regards

Christian Schultz

I will have a think - it needs a custom dialog or an extra button but it is possible.

By the way I spent a long time considering a FSX-SE version of the controller for dual installs that could be used alongside the original. The problem was with describing it to new customers - I.e that if you had FSX-SE standalone you used the non SE controller unless you had installed SE alongside fsx and then uninstalled fsx in which case you needed the SE controller ... (you have to remember many people don't actually read the manual as well!)

Best Regards

Christian Schultz

bad news didn't happen - good news beta 1 of 2.9 will have a dual install feature which you can test for me.

that´s great news. I will test ist and tell you if it works fine.

Thanks for your work Steve.

Best Regards

Christian