Sign in to follow this  
Markito

Getting desperate with my 777-200

Can you try FSX-SE ?  Everybody is saying it's a LOT more stable and OOM-free... There are still problems with some add-ons not being partially or fully supported, but even the PMDG 777s are now fully FSX-SE ready!

ASN doesn't yet have an installer for FSX-SE though, but you can use the free FSXWX and it works beautifully, iven if we can't really compare the functionality, and of course you will not be able to use the weather radar...

At this point FSX:SE is no different than FSX:CS (classic) . My FSX:SE is so unstable on the Win8.1 that all the last 11 flights I have done none landed due to an array of crashes ranging from ai_player.dll crashes to terrain.dll crashes.

I don't know what to tell you, other than something else going on with your setup. Since I reinstalled ASN, not a single OOM, despite multiple long-hauls (finishing up KMSP-RJAA right now). So, it worked for me. Was just a suggestion for something to try.

Hello Dan,

Thanks for your suggestion and helping hand. I reinstalled ASN and it things are working fine now. Flew several long-hauls and FSX behaved normally, probably due to reduced general settings.

Best wishes... :rolleyes:

Markito,

what i would suggest it do is disable any custom scenery in libraries or any scenery u downloaded into addon scenery folder, and restart FSX and try again just basic flight.  I doubt its 777 or ASN, what i seen is if u install some bad scenery and fly over it over time that eats up VAS.  Also check what modules you load with FSX in ur xml file.  if goes well then start adding things back until breaks.

Hi Andre,

I normally deselect the scenery items, particularly add-on scenery items, which I do not use during a flight from A to B. Thanks for the hint... :smile:

Cheers,

Marco Furtado

All I can say is that if you plan to use Flightbeam or other high quality sceneries, then DX10 is the only way to eliminate them (and reduce LOD Radius to 4.5).

I have setup flights from KLAX-KSFO with Flightbeam addons with the NGX and 777 and guaranteed OOM's when DX9 is enabled.

When I have DX10 set, then OOM free.

That alone was worth the price of the DX10 fixer for me.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Jude, it depends.  I have no problem with Flightbeam, FSDT or Aerosoft Mega airports. I always turn off locations with photoscenery if I'm not visiting there, neither of which Flightbeam or FSDT employ. Only place I've gotten OOM is at LAX, which is as much a scenery settings problem as anything else.  No DX10 her now or ever for that matter.  DX11 in P3D is working pretty good. 

Dan Downs KCRP

You might want to check this :Using the sound preload options in SP1:

SP1 adds options that allow for the caching of 777 sound files in memory. This was done in attempt to eliminate the stuttering that some users have experienced as sound files load. If you are having OOM issues, we recommend selecting the default NONE option. This will only loads sounds into memory as they’re needed and releases them from memory 60 seconds after playback. This will significantly reduce the VAS load vs. the SELECTIVE or ALL options. (See page 105 for more information about this feature.)

I had 1 oom with this enabled, after I disabled preloaded sound files, no more ooms. I have all FSDT airports and can fly 16 hrs w/ asn and rex4 textures @2048. I do not run any orbix or photo scenery. Hope this helps, Chris Longo

FSX:CS (classic)

FSX in other words. It doesn't need renaming.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, I have never put my fingers on the sound options. As you mentioned it, this item was set to default, i.e. NONE.

Cheers,

Marco :smile:

Marco Furtado