Sign in to follow this  
mawibo

[2017-10-03] Download latest version of SLX here (works with FSX, FSX:SE and Prepar3D v1, 2, 3 and 4)

Hi SLX users,

SLX is compatible with FSX Boxed Edition, FSX:SE and Prepar3D versions 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Download SLX here: https://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=199304

Note: if you have an older version of SLX installed and you did not upgrade to a newer version lately, you might need to perform a reset before all new features become available: use the button on the backstage menu (top left hand icon on the ribbon).

2017-07-13: added a simulation of Honeywell's RAAS system.

2017-08-14: added a taxi route finder and the map orientation can now be set to north up, heading up, track up or desired track up

2017-08-24: much, much faster database creation

2017-09-28: added airports scanner

P.S. You can download the latest version (October 3rd 2017) here.

thanks, Maarten

Edited by mawibo
update of link to latest version

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Maarten,

I'm attempting to use SLX in P3D v2.5. When I launch the application,I get an error box. It says: Error in preferences, Prepar3D flight folder D:\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v2\ Flights does not exist. Where should the program be pointing so I don't get this error? Thanks you.

NAX669.png

When I launch the application,I get an error box. It says: Error in preferences, Prepar3D flight folder D:\Lockheed Martin\ Prepar3D v2\ Flights does not exist. Where should the program be pointing so I don't get this error?

HI Mike,

the flights are normally stored in:

C:\Users\your username\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

(I could have answered this in the other forum, sorry, but I thought it was important to make you aware of this SLX dedicated forum in case the cause is different :smile: )

Eric,

I really appreciate your help. When I pointed the program to that directory I get a new error message. Default Flight D:\ Prepar3D v2\Flights\other\Prepar3D.FLT not found, cannot continue. I have no Flights file in my P3D v2 directory and I have no Prepar3D.FLT in my saved flights file in the documents\Prepar3D v2 files.

NAX669.png

I really appreciate your help. When I pointed the program to that directory I get a new error message. Default Flight D:\ Prepar3D v2\Flights\other\Prepar3D.FLT not found, cannot continue. I have no Flights file in my P3D v2 directory and I have no Prepar3D.FLT in my saved flights file in the documents\Prepar3D v2 files.

Mike, I hope Maarten comes to the rescue with this.  :smile:

What I can do is showing my own (working) SLX setup:

SLX%20settings.JPG

The default LM flight situation is stored here:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D_Default

When you save a new 'default' flight it will be stored in 

C:\Users\username\Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files

I have no Flights file in my P3D v2 directory and I have no Prepar3D.FLT in my saved flights file in the documents\Prepar3D v2 files.

Hi Mike, is your problem solved now or still the same?

Hi Eric,

I still haven't found a solution yet. I'm sure it has to do with a missing default flight.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the late response, I did not get a notification from the forum system for some unknown reason.

LM changed the location of the default flight in P3D 2.5 (from [P3D installation folder]\Flights\Other\Prepar3D.fxml to %LocalAppData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D_Default.fxml), but that fact alone should not prevent SLX from working together with P3D 2.5. I will fix the location of the default flight later today. Please do the following:

1. make sure you have the latest version of SLX (1.1.5568.41167)
  2. close SLX
  3. delete [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.P3D.Settings.txt
  4. delete [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.profiles.xml
  5. start SLX
  6. enter the proper folders to your P3D installation as indicated by Eric above

If it still does not work, please send me the [Documents]\SimLauncherX.log file, the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.P3D.Settings.txt file and the [Documents]\SimLauncherX\SimLauncherX.profiles.xml file. You can find my e-mail address on the front page of the user guide.

thanks, Maarten

Maarten,

Thanks for your reply. Well, it turns out that I didn't have the latest version of SLX. That was the entire problem. After installing it, everything is working as it should.  Eric, thanks again for your help.

NAX669.png

Hi Mike,

Glad it works now! If you run into any other issue, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks, Maarten

I installed v9.3 of SLX but I don't get it to work for P3D ERROR: missing prepar3D.FLT

I see that the setup window for the directories is slightly different from the one above. So perhaps I don't have the latest version of SLX. Where can I find the latest version?

Thanks,

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

You are looking at SimLauncher, not SimLauncherX. SimLauncher is not compatible with Prepar3D 2.5, SimLauncherX is. You can download SLX here: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=187387

When you run SLX for the first time, you will get a notification that a new version is available. Please download and install the latest version.

thanks, Maarten

Hello Maarten!

Thank you very much for your superb programme.

Is there a possibility to change the user aircraft color  on the map,as well as of the AI traffic?

It aren't the "right" colors" for my eyes!

Btw,to zoom in nearer with satellite view,is this a problem with the programme,or a question of "Rights"?

Scott 

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the compliments!

Unfortunately, the aircraft icons on the map are .png images and not vector drawings, so I cannot make the color of the icons user selectable.

The satellite images are coming from MapQuest and they do not provide high resolution imagery outside of the US. I cannot use Google or Bing imagery because of the license fees I would have to pay. I will however add buttons to the map ribbon that will open Google Maps or Bing Maps satellite view in the browser at the same map center and zoom level.

thanks, Maarten