Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

Could someone give me the ENB? I missed out...

I've send you a PM, with a new link... (thanks a million to Kyle, for the original upload!!!) 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

And there's your answer. Always best to verify before the purchase. Otherwise, it's at your own risk, really.

As you said yourself, FSX and FSX:SE are just different enough that it usually causes issues. That being said, you'll have a free update soon enough to have it in FSX:SE with more features than your original purchase would've had anyway.

GENT,  do you know when the NGX sp1d for FSX will be released?

BY jason lu

GENT, do you know when the NGX sp1d for FSX will be released?

BY jason lu

If all right, probably Wednesday.

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

you mean Tomorrow?

jason lu

Yes.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pri-news/pmdg-general-updates-ngx-j41-xplane-p3d-r2823

"Our plan right now is to build a new test version on saturday evening, then another on Sunday evening.  If both of those versions hold (and we think they will) we are going to give our beta testers about 48hrs to verify that things are indeed working as expected- and that puts release for the FSX version around mid-week.  (Wednesday, in theory.)"

João Alfredo

Oh....So will it release in this week?

Soon  :ph34r:

Also: full names are required in the forum. Please sign your posts in the future.

Kyle Rodgers

I really wish PMDG would not say what day they plan on releasing an update. This aircraft is by far one of the most used and loved aircraft in the community, and my hopes were dashed when the update did not drop yesterday. Why won't PMDG release a public beta?

-Cris Ten Eyck

Why won't PMDG release a public beta?

It's not the way we do things.

Some points raised about this in the past:

• Putting a ton of people in a beta doesn't work for a product like this - our testers know what's expected and how to report issues. You can very easily overwhelm yourself in a situation with a public beta where you give anyone and everyone access to reporting bugs. Figuring out which reports are legitimate and which are just kids who don't understand the airplane's systems becomes a whole job in and of itself. The signal to noise ratio can become very skewed in favor of noise.
  • We aren't going to take people's money for an unfinished product. As soon as we do that we're obligated to provide support for it, people will think we're obligated to fix whatever issues they report, and so on. It is a major can of worms. Selling betas is something we will never do here.
  • The fact is our system has worked extremely well for us. We see absolutely no reason to mess up a good thing.

Speaking to that first point...look at how many posts here result in someone pointing the user to the intro manual because it disproves their assertion that something was modeled incorrectly. Now imagine how that would work out if you're trying to pick through actual issues as a dev team. Heck, we just had a couple of those even from our wide beta team recently. Now imagine all the false positives we'd get from a whole bunch of people who might not know as much about the plane's actual workings.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle

I bought my NGX in 2011.
Well, SP1d will be a new installer compatible with old FSX and FSX SE, with some common fixes two platforms?
It will be available on site where today this what I bought in 2011?
Thank U

João Alfredo

Well, SP1d will be a new installer compatible with old FSX and FSX SE, with some common fixes two platforms?

Correct.

It will be available on site where today this what I bought in 2011?

Correct. It will be listed under your original order when it is ready, which we will announce here.

Kyle Rodgers

Correct.

Correct. It will be listed under your original order when it is ready, which we will announce here.

Well.. and for users - like me - who bought the "download version" via aerosoft?

Philipp Schwaegerl