Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

Yes.

I think I'm going to be blasted for asking this but -

How does the Aerosoft Airbus series have a working weather radar without the need for ASN and the PMDG aircrafts do? Is it because PMDG aircrafts are more complex? :rolleyes:  :wacko:

Was just wondering don't blast me please :)  :ph34r:

How does the Aerosoft Airbus series have a working weather radar without the need for ASN and the PMDG aircrafts do

I would not mind at all about Aerosoft having a radar working without the need of ASN, because ASN is the only weather addon that realistically simulates weather conditions. It would be nosense to have a PMDG aircraft and the default FS weather or another weather addon...

James Goggi

I would not mind at all about Aerosoft having a radar working without the need of ASN, because ASN is the only weather addon that realistically simulates weather conditions. It would be nosense to have a PMDG aircraft and the default FS weather or another weather addon...

Then Time for me to buy it! But have to wait till it becomes compatible with FSX:SE :lol:

I think I'm going to be blasted for asking this but -

How does the Aerosoft Airbus series have a working weather radar without the need for ASN and the PMDG aircrafts do? Is it because PMDG aircrafts are more complex? :rolleyes: :wacko:

Was just wondering don't blast me please :) :ph34r:

It's an honest question. No blasting.

Basically, other add-ons use either no method of actually finding verified precipitation (their radar is a cloud finder that guesses about precipitation), or it uses a method of finding data in the sim, but that data in the sim is actually rather basic. Neither of these lend well to simulating the most accurate weather and precipitation. ASN sidesteps this issue with their method (I won't do it injustice by attempting to explain it) of forcing weather in the sim while also offering an interface that developers can tap into to see this 3D data.

That's the biggest, part, too. The 3D data is really important. The weather picture is different at different altitudes. What is all green echoes on the ground is completely empty at FL360. And that's how it's supposed to be.

With some of the radar simulations out there, you could be flying through red returns and not see a drop of rain. That's impossible. That's like taking a flashlight in the dark, shining it on a wall, seeing that a wall is there, and then being able to walk through the wall. Either you're in some alternate reality or your simulation of physics is off.

We decided a while back (well PMDG did - I wasn't part of the team back then) that it was going to be realistic or it wasn't going to be added. So far, HiFi is the only group to get a realistic simulation of weather radar (more importantly, the 3D data in the background) with ASN. If others can later then great, but until then, it's just ASN.

Kyle Rodgers

Interesting ... 

Thanks alot for the explanation, Kyle!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks Kyle! Looking forward to buy it  :lol:  for the PMDG aircrafts sake! Hope the 747v2 will also come with a WXR

I hope the latest beta build will be the last.  ^_^

I know I'm impatient, but this is my favourite aircraft. Sorry for this.  :lol:

Philipp Schwaegerl

I hope the latest beta build will be the last.  ^_^

I know I'm impatient, but this is my favourite aircraft. Sorry for this.  :lol:

+1 ^^

Enough with the +1s. Add something substantive, or just give someone a mental high five.

Kyle Rodgers

Enough with the +1s. Add something substantive, or just give someone a mental high five.

Sorry Kyle, you´re right! I just miss a "like" button sometimes^^. 

I could not wait for SP1d so i installed the "old" version of my NGX now. She´s still amazing, even without the new Update. But i think that we are all happy that our 737NGX is about to get a WX-Radar etc and this is the reason why some of us are posting some "likes" 

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotionalresponse[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Trolling being a punishable offense, I wouldn't want any one of you to get smacked with the Forum Instigator-eratorTM that I've been handed. You've all been warned. Twice. Knock it off.

Kyle Rodgers