Sign in to follow this  
scandinavian13

[Beta Preview] NGX SP1d

Thanks Kyle, but I was trying to get a bit of feedback in via an inside channel....I'm only a lowly 737NG skipper anyway. Just off to fly an overnight followed by a week away at home so I will try to contact them later.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Not yet! This will happen with the SP2. 

Why? shouldn't these be PMDG's number 1 priority to fix? Its been a known problem and I would like to see problems fixed not new stuff that will hold back updates to fix these even further. 

Why? shouldn't these be PMDG's number 1 priority to fix? Its been a known problem and I would like to see problems fixed not new stuff that will hold back updates to fix these even further. 

This is a problem? I don't think this is a real high-priority problem for anybody. 

Philipp Schwaegerl

This is a problem? I don't think this is a real high-priority problem for anybody. 

On the contrary, he is speaking of the vc geometry which for many of us, myself included, is a HUGE immersion killer if you have any idea what a real 737 cockpit looks like from the pilots perspective.  My hopes is that this and the anti ice logic will be fixed asap. However I feel that the vc fix will only come with sp2, if even done at all.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Thanks Kyle! Looks fantastic. Keep on doing the Beta thing so we can have this quick. I would be willing to pay if it had the auto cruise and simulated icars like the T7. I mean to request and down load route and wind data. Even though NG is used on shorter routes then T7, there are still some four to six hour flights. Trans con US, JFK to Bogata  and west coast to the Hawaiian Islands to name a few. The window geometry is not that big a deal to me. Thanks, Vic Green 

Vic green

Why would there be changes in the flight dynamics?

Well, the flight dynamics are good, and PMDG team has done a great job on them, and on the airplane itself, it's really my favourite thing to fly in the FS world!

BUT, saying that, it's not perfect, and if you are implying it is, by saying "why would there be any changes" then I'm sorry but get back to reality. I understand very well that flying a 80$ software in a PC is never going to be as realistic as the real one, I'm not a lunatic. However, there are a few things that needs fixing, for example, even though the real 737NG is a high energy airplane and is indeed hard to slow down sometimes, it's twice harder to do the same in the NGX in same weather. Also, if you put the RWY fix in the fix page and draw a 3x cruising altitude circle around it, TOD point is always going to be right on the cirlcle or very close to  it, in the NGX it's some 20miles out, meaning that the descend has to be started much earlier.

mcbellette, on 13 Feb 2015 - 01:49 AM, said:

What's this about geometry and smaller windows?

Discussed in various posts in this thread - http://forum.avsim.n...ng-for-ngx-sp2/. Looking for additional threads I read yesterday on this subject but I believe they have been deleted.

Yes the cockpit geometry is getting fixed. But the mods deleted my thread on it a few days back

Vernon Howells

I wonder if this thread needs the same notice that Mathijs posted at the beginning of Aerosoft's thread regarding the Airbus SP:

"Please do not use this post as a request for new features. We have already decided what will be included."

C'mon people, let PMDG work their trade.

What's ENB do exactly, and does it have any (positive/negative) effect on framerates?

I wonder if this thread needs the same notice that Mathijs posted at the beginning of Aerosoft's thread regarding the Airbus SP:

"Please do not use this post as a request for new features. We have already decided what will be included."

C'mon people, let PMDG work their trade.

+1.

Compliance, however, is reliant on the maturity of an individual.

Unfortunately, my friend, this forum is full of pre-adolescent sciolists, who incessantly whinge, who have no technical knowledge or experience on aircraft in general, or the NG specifically.

I cannot wait till this aircraft is released to the public for P3D! The future of flight simulation looks promising for 2015

Brian Nellis

Brian Nellis

Would you mind sharing your ENB settings? (or tell where you got it?)...

Can't remember where I got it. If anyone wants to host it, I'll post it somewhere.

I just wanted to know if there are any changes in the flight dynamics.... if this is not the case, this will be no problem for me because this bird is nearly perfect^^. Are you happy with the "Beta-Version"? I´m asking because if you and the other testers are happy with this SP, PMDG will release this SP for us^^.... 

Wasn't trying to be defensive. I was just curious if you knew something I didn't.

Kyle, are you happy with the Beta?

So far yes.

Well, the flight dynamics are good, and PMDG team has done a great job on them, and on the airplane itself, it's really my favourite thing to fly in the FS world!
BUT, saying that, it's not perfect, and if you are implying it is, by saying "why would there be any changes" then I'm sorry but get back to reality. I understand very well that flying a 80$ software in a PC is never going to be as realistic as the real one, I'm not a lunatic. However, there are a few things that needs fixing, for example, even though the real 737NG is a high energy airplane and is indeed hard to slow down sometimes, it's twice harder to do the same in the NGX in same weather. Also, if you put the RWY fix in the fix page and draw a 3x cruising altitude circle around it, TOD point is always going to be right on the cirlcle or very close to  it, in the NGX it's some 20miles out, meaning that the descend has to be started much earlier.

I don't recall saying it was perfect. My question - to someone else, mind you - was raised because I don't know what I don't know. If there's a problem, I'd like to know about it. If someone were to ask me if I was going to change the blue on one of my specific art prints, I'd ask the same question: why would I change it? Most of those colors are sourced directly from the RGB values used by whatever entity I was trying to give a nod to. If someone came to me and said "I don't doubt that, but if you look at how it printed out, you might want to bias the color a little lighter," I'd surely take that into account and update it.

Same goes here. We have data from Boeing. Obviously, when things go out into the real world, data is great, but things vary some from the data set. If anyone has any info on how the real thing varies from the data set, all they need to do is let us know: support.precisionmanuals.com, provided there is verifiable evidence somehow.

...no "get back to reality" stick required.

Kyle Rodgers

I sincerely hope that PMDG do not "rework" the flight dynamics of the 737NGX. They are awesome as they are.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Oh, and for clarification:

This is not a request thread. Please do not submit your ideas of what you think should make or not make the SP here. The last thing I want is someone to send in a ticket with a flamethrower attached to it with the line "well I put it in that one thread - you guys should've seen it!!!"

Also, for clarification, the flight deck geometry has not been changed for the SP1d release.

What's ENB do exactly, and does it have any (positive/negative) effect on framerates?

It's a shader mod. It makes dark, darker and washes out bright areas a little. The one I use also adds a little saturation to colors.

They aren't recommended as the DLL injection method can create some odd side effects (like freezing the sim), but the one I have hasn't caused that yet so I keep using it.

[EDIT]

Here's an example of what the ENB mod does:

Without:

2012-2-16_18-13-48-669.JPG

With:

2012-2-16_18-13-49-938.JPG

Without:

2012-2-16_18-9-30-336.JPG

With:

2012-2-16_18-9-33-688.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

Hi kyle I know we should wait for the official list of items fixed in sp1d, but could you say if the FD bars lagging behind when you're hand flying has been fixed like it has on the 777?

One would think I'm trying to take Kyle's job here but, in addition to requests, I see an abundance of "has xyz been included?" sort of questions. In my short experience with PMDG, I notice that their [wonderful] Operations Center includes a change log for aircraft updates. I respectfully submit that folks wait for the SP to be released and then satiate their curiosity by referencing the change log.