Sign in to follow this  
spesimen

fsx-se g3d.dll crash fixed with new fsuipc!

it looks like the new FSUIPC 4.939 version g3d.dll fix for fsx-se is working quite well!

i had a 100% repro test case for causing a g3d.dll crash, and after three attempts with the new version of fsuipc i can no longer repro it.

i hereby nominate pete dowson to king of fsx!!!

cheers

-andy crosby

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

He fixed the g3d.dll error for those using FSX too and it traps most of the errors but not all.  I don't see them anymore.  When he issued a new FSUIPC to trap the error, I immediately went and bought the registered version (even though the unregistered free version works great and I don't need the payware version).  I think a lot of other members did the same.  It was quite a frustrating crash.

Best regards,

it looks like the new FSUIPC 4.939 version g3d.dll fix for fsx-se is working quite well!

i had a 100% repro test case for causing a g3d.dll crash, and after three attempts with the new version of fsuipc i can no longer repro it.

i hereby nominate pete dowson to king of fsx!!!

cheers

-andy crosby

I second that!

One way to verify that the new FSUIPC is doing its magic with the G3D crash is to examine the log file after completing a flight. Each time FSUIPC traps a G3D error and prevents the crash, it will be logged.

Where is the log which traps the G3D crash. I have the latest fsuipc (4.939) installed in FSX:SE but after one hour of flying FSX crashed, when checking 'appcrash', it states the faulting module as G3D.DLL.

Perhaps I should send the log to Pete but where can I find it? Is it in the modules folder or somewhere else.

Thanks

Stuart

Perhaps I should send the log to Pete but where can I find it? Is it in the modules folder or somewhere else.

I thought the latest update to FSX-SE fixed the G3D.dll error. Pete took it out of his program because Dovetail fixed it in their latest version (whatever that is).

The FSUIPC.log is located in the Modules folder. If you do not have extensions turned on, it will show just FSUIPC in the directory.

Best regards,