Sign in to follow this  
philabos

Glideslope

Suddenly having massive problem with aircraft (many) and airports (any) failing to find glidescope on ILS approach.

I have followed all the usual rules, interception from below, ils Appr on, confirmed nav on. The ILS picks up the center line approach

perfectly and completely ignores the glideslope diamond as it slides by. Have REX and just installed ORBX FT Global.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Did the Glideslope work OK before the latest install of ORBX FT Global?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Well, based on the fact that the GS diamond shows up and you could hypothetically fly the slope manually, this seems to be an aircraft autopilot issue, not an ILS signal issue.

This sounds like a strange one! Posting here so I can follow it.

Philabos there's a lot of helpful people here, post as much info as you can about the problem. I've got a feeling it's something minor you're overlooking. Like NAV/GPS mode or something?

Better still, the next time it happens take a screenshot of your instruments and post it here.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Happens with all aircraft, all airports. I would be just the one to overlook NAV/GPS, but double checked that early on.

I will try to post a screen shot.

Is there any chance you are engaging APR mode before getting the GS indicators on the HSI? Or not in ALT hold mode before capture?

Posting here so I can follow it.

Hey Ebs,

I used to do the same thing, before I found the Follow This Topic Button located at the Top Right of the screen.

Just trying to be helpful.  All the best.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well, busy firing up my paintnet for screens, unfortunately two perfect captures at EGKK and EGHI, the second of which failed multiple times earlier.

It is possible I did engage the app before getting the GS indicator. Did not know that would cause a failure to engage the glidescope while still apparently

capturing the ILS. I have put so much into and out of FSX on the same install forever, so may be time to buy the steam version and start with a clean plate.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Follow This Topic Button 

Cheers for that Dave, I never even noticed!  :wacko:

Philabos, sounds like it's sorted? I know certain planes don't let you intercept the GS until you've intercepted the Localizer. Sounds like that was the case?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter