Sign in to follow this  
boeingaviation

Blurry ground textures p3d v2.4

Very strange. The only time I had bad blurries was when I was fiddled with AffinityMask, which I discovered is completely unnecessary (kills performance) on a 4-core processor with hyper-threading disabled.

I know this sounds drastic, and I would understand if you are reticent, but in your shoes I would probably uninstall P3D, and then completely re-install your OS from scratch with the latest drivers etc. With this kind of issue it is a slow process of elimination so sometimes it's best to start with a completely clean slate and work from there. Vanilla Windows, drivers, P3D, everything.

Maybe worth a try ... as I had the same issues. Take a look in your Nvidia settings. I dont know why, but I had "Texture filtering negative lod bias" set to "clamp" and "Texture filtering quality" set to "performance" and this caused blurries for me.

After setting back to "allow" and "quality" blurries where gone. Well, just an idea.

Thanks, will give that a try.

Also I wonder if its worth me installing P3D onto my SSD drive if that would help with textures loading and the Sim using less ram.

Also I wonder if its worth me installing P3D onto my SSD drive if that would help with textures loading and the Sim using less ram.

An SSD makes a difference for the initial loading of the flight but I never noticed any real difference in loading of textures during a flight. And an SSD has absolutely nothing to do with RAM so no difference there either.

Did you try to reset the nVidia P3D profile and the nVidia General Profile back to default, just to check if that helps?

I wonder if there is potential conflict between NVidia Inspector and NVidia Control Panel? Can the 2 work alongside each other? Just a thought.

Todd

wonder if there is potential conflict between NVidia Inspector and NVidia Control Panel? Can the 2 work alongside each other? Just a thought.

NVidia Inspector only opens up more options, the profile in NVidia Control Panel is the same one that you are editing in NVI it's just that NVI has exposed values/settings that aren't shown in the Control panel.

Well I've made progress. I want to thank everyone for my your suggestions which I tried every single one.

I did a comparison test to see yow blurry the ground textures were at London heathrow with the same aircraft at the SME time. Now I didn't have problems with an blurry textures that I had notice but off the runway as you just begin to climb the textures are blurry but they quickly sharpen up as the aircraft climbs and its the same in P3D.

I was expecting them to be instantly sharp but as the aircraft climbs the textures sharpen up and as you get higher and higher everything becomes sharp and crisp even further into the distance.

I think the problem is resolved as when you above the ground on approach they are sharp its just when your takeoff.....I guess because the view is not I incorporating the distant textures straight away like when your on approach as your loading the airport and surrounding scenery at once, whereas on takeoff your view is that of The airport.

So I'm happy with the Sim now now that I have replicated the same thing in fsx as I thought it was just a P3D.

Thanks once again for everyone's help and happy flying.

Well I've made progress. I want to thank everyone for my your suggestions which I tried every single one.

I did a comparison test to see yow blurry the ground textures were at London heathrow with the same aircraft at the SME time. Now I didn't have problems with an blurry textures that I had notice but off the runway as you just begin to climb the textures are blurry but they quickly sharpen up as the aircraft climbs and its the same in P3D.

I was expecting them to be instantly sharp but as the aircraft climbs the textures sharpen up and as you get higher and higher everything becomes sharp and crisp even further into the distance.

I think the problem is resolved as when you above the ground on approach they are sharp its just when your takeoff.....I guess because the view is not I incorporating the distant textures straight away like when your on approach as your loading the airport and surrounding scenery at once, whereas on takeoff your view is that of The airport.

So I'm happy with the Sim now now that I have replicated the same thing in fsx as I thought it was just a P3D.

I don't use any tweaks whatsoever in P3D v2.4, and it's working just fine. I really don't understand why tweaks are necessary in P3D, although I didn't understand the necessity for the vast majority of them in FSX either.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Well I followed the uninstall guide and install guide from Lockheed Martin and reinstalled and it seemed to fix my problems. The only tweak I have in the config is the affinity mask.

As others have suggested, have you tried running with HT on and removing any affinity mask entries?

Hyper Threading has always been enabled and yes have run without affinity mask makes no difference.

I have seen photos on internet of p3d and the blurry textures in distance are the same as mine so that must just be how it is at low level

With having P3D uninstalled & then reinstalled following LM guide my high RAM & Video Memory is fixed.

I did a 5 hour flight from Amsterdam to Oman half was during day half during night & maximum video memory usage (flying aerosoft airbus) was only 1.5gb and ram was 6gb so plenty of headroom unlike before where it dropped to almost OOM Territory.

As I said before & from some screenshots the further away scenery is a bit blurred until you get closer but that's exactly same as FSX & from what I've seen in other peoples default P3D setup.......it must just be how it is.

I'd be interested if anyone here could post a screenshot of taking off from default Heathrow airport just as you climb above the airport and see if your scenery is blurry or sharp?

Also I've noticed I don't have any trees from what I can see, is there a specific option to check for vegetation.