Sign in to follow this  
Hoang

Scenery addons impact

In the beginning days testing my computer with FSX, I got so bad performance that I decided to spend some money into the new hardwares (new CPU and VGA). However with the help from a friend I got to know about tweaking the fsx.cfg and wow, it DOES boost the performance that I managed to run quite smooth PMDG 777/Aerosoft Airbus with some detailed airports. Of course settings only at dense and normal.

Now I'm thinking about not buying new computer parts and use those money into some scenery addons. After days of reading topics and googling, I'm going for Fsglobal Ultimate and FTX Global. From what I've read these 2 shouldn't impact my fps much? So I'm done for mesh and ground texture.

How about FTX Vector vs UTX? Topics dicussion between these 2 mainly from last 1 or 2 years in the early stage of Vector so there are many bugs, don't know about how is it now. Just thinking that because I use FTXglobal, using Vector should work better? No price talking here of course Vector is much cheaper comparing to all UTX packages.

Last thing I want to ask is the X series of cities from Aerosoft, Aerosoft Manhatan X. What are the differences between these and the FTX Vector/UTX?

Do all of them work well together and harm significantly the performance? I'm the kind of person that despite flying 99% IFR high altitude, I can sit for hours on the computer looking at the ground when crusing, let autoland do its job and panning around in spot view looking at the city below...

Thanks for helping me and sorry for my bad English :D

BTW, my specs i5 3570k@4Ghz, 8GB ram, Nvidia GTS450 (yeah, I know, horrible). With those new addons I think I should get 750Ti or 660Ti, should help me load the texture better. Buy 2nd also save some more money into the addons.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

It's a long post but I hope someone could help me with this. Thanks!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5