Sign in to follow this  
Not_Boeing_Not_Going

Need Help with P3d CFG File Tweaking Values

[DISPLAY] TextureMaxLoad=6

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This can induce stutters. Use multiples of 3 only such as 3, 6, 9, etc. This is perfect for photorealistic scenery

[TERRAIN] SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

Non-Default entry. This entry will not exist in your Prepar3D.cfg file by default and must be added to the file.

Performance Tuning Tip:

This variable is the number of frames that the terrain engine will wait for terrain textures to be loaded into video memory before forcing new tiles of terrain triangles to be rendered.

UseGlobalTerrainView=True

The default falue is False.

Performance Tuning Tip:

By default, every camera has its own terrain view which requests texture and dem tiles near the camera to ensure that all cameras get a quality view of terrain. When tessellation is enabled, it is possible for cameras to share data and avoid the extra work required to manage multiple terrain views. For multi-view scenarios in which all views are near each other, it may be desirable to have views simply render the terrain tiles loaded by the default view. Setting this option to True will prevent all camera from creating a terrain view except for the default 3d view. This can help avoid texture flashing and terrain spikes that occur on some systems with multiple views and/or multiple video cards. This value can be overridden by the UseGlobalTerrainView entry in a given CameraDefinition allowing each camera to determine whether or not to create a terrain view. This setting will be engorged if Tessellation is not enabled.

[GRAPHICS] SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1

Performance Tuning Tip:

Using this rebuilds your shader cache by incrementing the number each time you make a change to the Prepar3D.cfg.

Hi simmers, i would like to know what values do use for below suggested tweaking from Lockheed Martin and what type and frequency of CPU do you use?! thanks   [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14

Performance Tuning Tip:

By default, Prepar3D will use all available processor cores. On machines with four or more cores, it will dedicate a core to rendering tasks. The easiest method for modifying the affinity mask is to open the windows calculator in programmer view, select the binary display mode, and flip the bits in the binary number displayed to select which cores the application should run on. Note that the cores are represented right to left.

[MAIN] FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33

Performance Tuning Tip:

This setting, which defaults to a value of .33 (33%), defines the percentage of each frame that is devoted to loading scenery. Increasing this number can reduce "the blurries", but it can cause stutters, and can also reduce the overall frame rate. Try reducing the number to the lowest level where you still get smooth scenery paging. This will vary depending on disk speed as well as the type of flying, as well as the selected scenery settings.

As I recent convert (to P3D) I would like to know if there is a place where all tips and tricks are presented.

So far I've applied the tweaks presented here, JOB SCHEDULER and the cloud.fx tweak. I've there is a water tweak somewhere and something to stop spinning clouds... It would be great if all of the tweaks were listed in one sticky. (Disclaimer: I do know some people think some tweaks are useless, so perhaps we could have the tweaks rated? For example the effects of this tweak is "moderate" or some such.)

So I'll request help/advice:

Should I include the affinity mask?

I have a 780ti ASUS. What should I change FFTF to? I'm using .1 (10%) now.

I saw somewhere to include HIGHMEMFIX=1. Is this still relevant?

i3770k OC to 4.5GHz

ASUS 780ti

8GB 2300Ram

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hi Tamer,

So, what do you need help with?

Mike

hi, i need values for : FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33,  [JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14, TextureMaxLoad=6, SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30

As I recent convert (to P3D) I would like to know if there is a place where all tips and tricks are presented.

So far I've applied the tweaks presented here, JOB SCHEDULER and the cloud.fx tweak. I've there is a water tweak somewhere and something to stop spinning clouds... It would be great if all of the tweaks were listed in one sticky. (Disclaimer: I do know some people think some tweaks are useless, so perhaps we could have the tweaks rated? For example the effects of this tweak is "moderate" or some such.)

So I'll request help/advice:

Should I include the affinity mask?

I have a 780ti ASUS. What should I change FFTF to? I'm using .1 (10%) now.

I saw somewhere to include HIGHMEMFIX=1. Is this still relevant?

i3770k OC to 4.5GHz

ASUS 780ti

8GB 2300Ram

Hey Skewr,

I share your thoughts on a centralized location for P3D tweaks but for now there doesn't appear to be a P3D tweaking guide or even a forum post with all the tweaks collected so it's a matter of searching the forums for each topic.

To answer your questions, HIGHMEMFIX is no longer needed to be manually entered in the cfg file. Affinity mask is still a valid tweak so you can add that in as well and a FFTF value of .01 as a starting point would be a good value to use. From what I've been reading of v2.5 and based on my own experiences, there's not much tweaking needed outside of the above that P3D posted in their Learning Center. Having recently converted from FSX over to P3D, I was in denial about the limited tweaking needed to get P3D running smooth but once I let go of that notion, I've been flying more and worrying less of tweaking.

Cheers!

Mike