Sign in to follow this  
breakinghbts

making the switch...lots of questions google not really helping...

Ok, i finally made the switch to p3d. I purchased it before work this morning after doing research the last few days. Another fsx ctd last night convinced me its time.

Google hasnt found the answers to all my questions so hopefully you guys wont mind helping me out.

Fsuipc? Is it a requiremnt like with previous fs versions?

I purchased ftx global and vector, which mesh is better for those? I own fsgenesis but am willing to pony up the money for fsglobal if its better.

I will mainly be flying the aerosoft airbii, anything special i need to do there? Ive read conflicting posts.

Navigraph. Ok no info anywhere about this. Will navigraph automatically find the aerosoft airbus in p3d to update, or ia there a trick there?

Last but not least...(for now anyways)...i use fsbuild for flight planning. Is it just as easy as changing directories, or are the flight plan formats not compatible?

Thanks in advance for your help with these questions. I mostly fly in/out of fsdt and flytampa airports. So im not worried about that.

Tony@PVD

Ok how do i delete duplicate threads? My darn phone screwed this up...

Tony Moore

Hi breakinghbts

Well, lets see what we can do....

1,) FSUIPC - it's still as much a requirement as it was with FSX.... depends on what you want to achive - I have it installed....

2,) If you are running FTX Global and Vector - I would get FSGlobal Mesh - however, only get the FSGlobal 2010 not the Ultimate as the difference for me is neglectable - the price of Ultimate is much higher and its a lot more data clogging your FS.... I own both, but only have FSGlobal 2010 running in my sim........

3,) no idea what plane you are talking about - I mostly fly PMDG and the AS Twotter....

4,) Navigraph works flawless.... i work with the subscriptions - Navigraph FMS Data Manager is your friend......

5,) don't own fsbuild, no idea but it should be compatible in regards to flight plan formats......

kind regards

Richi

Thanks for the reply. Ill go with fsglobal. Im really glad to know navigraph will be just as simple as always. and it looks like fsuipc will get installed. Appreciate ur help.

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

Fsuipc? Is it a requiremnt like with previous fs versions?

As said earlier, about as much required as it was for FSX.

I purchased ftx global and vector, which mesh is better for those? I own fsgenesis but am willing to pony up the money for fsglobal if its better.

I am running FSGenesis just fine with FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC EU.

I will mainly be flying the aerosoft airbii, anything special i need to do there? Ive read conflicting posts.

Should be absolutely nothing special to do for the Aerosoft Bus.  Works great in P3D!!!

Navigraph. Ok no info anywhere about this. Will navigraph automatically find the aerosoft airbus in p3d to update, or ia there a trick there?

Yes, the navigraph installers will find everything for P3D on their own.

Last but not least...(for now anyways)...i use fsbuild for flight planning. Is it just as easy as changing directories, or are the flight plan formats not compatible?

I believe P3D will use FSX flight plans just fine.  However, I'm not sure if FSBuild has an update for the new location of where P3D looks for flight plans by default and I'm not sure if you can change that.  It's not the end of the world though as you can still navigate to your FSX flight plan folder and just select from there.  Aircraft specific configuration is of course easy to change.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Thank you guys for all your information. I look forward to installing all of these addons when i get off work. Cant wait to see p3d in action.

Tony Moore

I use FSGenesis mesh with P3D and it works great.

You will love P3D!!!

Thank you guys for all your information. I look forward to installing all of these addons when i get off work. Cant wait to see p3d in action.

May I dare suggest that you not install a bunch of stuff until you have tried vanilla P3Dv2.5 and have it pretty much 'tuned' to your satisfaction?

Then add stuff carefully and test each addition thoroughly before doing more...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So, i was up all night last night setting up p3d. In case you guys are wondering my first impressions are just WOW. The cloud shadows are amazing. How did we ever fly without them? After work tonight i'll finally be able to do a test flight. Overall i'm very happy with the switch. Now i just hope i can complete flights without any OOMs. Thanks for all your help!

I use FSGenesis mesh with P3D and it works great.

You will love P3D!!!

I ended up purchasing the FSGlobal. And im not sure of any visual differences with FSgenesis, but i will tell you the install was much much easier.

May I dare suggest that you not install a bunch of stuff until you have tried vanilla P3Dv2.5 and have it pretty much 'tuned' to your satisfaction?

Then add stuff carefully and test each addition thoroughly before doing more...

While i can't say i did exactly as you describe, I always have a way of installing things, that involves a little testing here and there. Before i installed any add-ons, i spent about an hour customizing the scenery settings and graphical settings. And after each big add-on checked to see how things were running and made adjustments as necessary. 

-Tony@PVD

Tony Moore

I ended up purchasing the FSGlobal. And im not sure of any visual differences with FSgenesis, but i will tell you the install was much much easier.

Yes it's a bit time consuming but from what I can tell the people who bought FSGenesis won't be making a P3D installer unless you buy them all over again.

Ain't gonna happen!