Sign in to follow this  
uk-plane1

Questions about REX - Real Environment Xtreme

Hello i'm seriously considering a REX product but i need some help on which one. *i have low-end PC*

What i don't want

I don't want cloud textures from REX unless the fps are better than world environment 2012 

I certainly don't want the weather program because i have FS Global Real Weather ( Can i disable this ) ?

What i do want from REX

New water textures

Lighting

New runway textures if possible?

QUESTION

I don't want REX weather to interfere with FS Real weather - is it possible to disable this?

Is REX worth adding with Fs Global real weather and World environment 2012?

Thanks , Nathan 

QUESTION

I don't want REX weather to interfere with FS Real weather - is it possible to disable this?

Is REX worth adding with Fs Global real weather and World environment 2012?

Thanks , Nathan 

Hello Nathan,

1/Yes

2/I think it would be ok with Fs Global real weather (I use REX and ASN without problem). I don't know with World environment 2012.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Hello Nathan,

1/Yes

2/I think it would be ok with Fs Global real weather (I use REX and ASN without problem). I don't know with World environment 2012.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Ok and what REX product would be best for my preferences with low-end PC?

OR could i get REX and just install things i want example Water textures?

"OR could i get REX and just install things i want example Water textures?"

Absolutely, and you can change the resolution of the water, clouds...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

"OR could i get REX and just install things i want example Water textures?"

Absolutely, and you can change the resolution of the water, clouds...

Regards,

Richard Portier

Ok thanks i guess REX Essentials PLUS will be my ideal product?

:)) as long as i can disable weather program.

Nathan.Lionel

Nathan: REX is great and I use REX 4 and extreme+od as well as AS 2012 for textures. But I also use HDE v2 (free) and water configurator (free) both which have -great- textures that are comparable to the pay stuff.

Take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/8JpxiljzQ14

Nathan: REX is great and I use REX 4 and extreme+od as well as AS 2012 for textures. But I also use HDE v2 (free) and water configurator (free) both which have -great- textures that are comparable to the pay stuff.

Take a look at this video: https://youtu.be/8JpxiljzQ14

Thanks for the video , i will hold back my purchase from REX until i can confirm that i can disable their weather program. 

The HDE V2 looks great!

REX 4 does not come with the weather program, just textures. REX Essentials +OD comes with both. I would get REX 4 if I were in your position. It's cheaper and has all the same textures. I have both. REX 4 and ASN on P3D as well as REX Essenials + OD on FSX. 

REX Essentials +OD comes with both. I would get REX 4 if I were in your position. It's cheaper and has all the same textures

You will find  that rexe  has more  textures  than rex4  has  and  it has the better  water  textures  than rex4  at the moment

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

One last question before i buy.

Does anyone here use fs global weather with REX and is it compatibility:) 

Thanks all

Nathan

cant  see  any issues at all other  wise  you would have  read about  it  in the rex  forums  etc  and  in here  being  the avsim forums. Just make sure  you untick the weather  engine in the option  section of  the rexe  gui

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I've used Rex Essential Plus for years and used the weather engine when I first got it. But then I got Opus and later ASN and all I did was disabled the Rex weather engine. It's a tick in the options section that allows you to use it or not - it's that simple. So while I don't have the weather engine you use, I am confident that it will be compatible with it because it's just a case of turning off the Rex one by taking the tick out of the box!

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Stuart's right. You don't have to use the weather engine. I would still recommend REX 4 though. As I said, it's cheaper. And the textures are still the same resolution so you would still get the same performance. In both programs, you can choose the resolution of the clouds all the way from 512x512 (best performance) to 4096x4096 (best looking).

I have both REX Essential+ (I had OD at one point but managed to lose it during an update) and REX4 Texture Direct. REX4TD may be cheaper but it has no-where near the number of texture choices as REXE+. So bear that in mind. And it's very very simple to not use the weather engine from it.