Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

Is there a way to record FSX while in windowed mode?

Hello-.

So I want to start recording some of my flights, but I fly in windowed mode. Is there a way to record FSX in windowed mode without showing the icon bar or the border? With ShadowPlay, I can record FSX, but it includes the icon bar and the border (top of frame). 

There are some apps that can remove the caption and border in windowed views. IF10>augmented can do it but only when the main FSX window is Maximized.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

You know you can auto-hide the task bar at the bottom  and hide the top menu right  ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I know how to hide the task bar, not the top frame. 

I know how to hide the task bar, not the top frame. 

Right click - Hide menu bar.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I sometimes use the windowed mode when I want to run additional programs like blue skys moving map or AI tools, you name it. For that I use FSX borderless, you can get it here:

http://simmershome.de/fsx-oder-p3d-im-fenstermodus-ohne-rahmen-das-tool-v-1-1/

Very easy to use and for me it works, when I shut down FSX in full window mode. For the next start I only have to klick on the fsx borderless button in the taskbar and FSX starts in window mode without any bars. The other way of switching it on and off with this tool doesn't work in my case. The right click option was new for me, I'll try it the next time. Great question by the way!

Enjoy your filming,

Manfred

Thanks for the links, I'll check them all out and see which one helps best. 

I personally like windowed mode . You can easily hide the bar on top so there's just a very thin strip left and the task bar doesn't show unless I put the cursor down there. Handy if I want to start Plan G etc.

I fly in windowed mode and with the menu bar showing along the top. When I want to video a flight, I first record it with FS Recorder and save the file. I then make sure my aircraft is located at the same starting airport or airfield as in the recording (important). I then start playing back the recording and immediately hit Alt-Enter. That removes all the bars and borders. I then start recording it with Fraps. When finished, I hit Alt-Enter again to return to the original settings.

Using FS Recorder means you can change the viewpoints and angles during the playback, independently of any angles you used during the original flight.

You can also set the FS Recorder file to playback your recording as traffic, which allows you to fly another aircraft alongside your original one.