Sign in to follow this  
pcartier

Frolov's/Majestic's new Dash released

Guest monsoon

No offense but the panel looks a little FS98'ish. Needs better quality.

Darn you're rightSo that need to be updated as well ! :-lol :-lol :-lolSorry, only kidding ;-)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest georg

Well, mates, you have to make something straight for yourself first. This product is a pure aircraft operations trainer and it's not meant to have any photo-realistic graphics. Ofcourse it would have been a nice addition to create extremely beautiful panel graphics too, but it would have taken lots of extra time, I guess, and this time the developers decided to do it like that. If you think that you will not be able to resist the graphics you've seen on the screenshots then you will simply have to skip this product. Everybody have their own standards and indeed every release does not meet all of those. Same with me - I've been disappointed in quite many addons which I've bought while hundreds of other people have been enjoying them.

>Well, mates, you have to make something straight for yourself>first. This product is a pure aircraft operations trainer and>it's not meant to have any photo-realistic graphics.Is that why this product is $60+ USD? If that is not the reason can you explain why it is that much. I mean planes like the PMDG 737's, Level D 767, and Flight 1's ATR are about half the price you are charging. Don't get me wrong the model looks fabulous, but it's way to expensive for me.

>The 2D graphics are more like a computer based training>application than FS addon.Hmm.. I don't see this point at all. I happen to have Aerosim's 744 CBT (not FS addon) on my PC and panel graphics are much, much better. If you also look at for example Elite's panels they are super sharp. This 2D on the other hand shows fair amount of blurr and some gauges simply don't look good (others do). Like I was saying - perhaps the strength of this product is in other areas because graphics are rather poor whatever standard one applies.Michael J.

Guest georg

Yep, you have good points. But we just have to live with it as I don't expect any major changes to the textures in near future.Joseph29,I'm not the author or developer! :) Just an old friend of the team.

Guest bigun

Folks if you want the most realistic systems and operations model of a Dash8 that has ever been produced for FS then get the Fanda Q300. $60.00 US is a bunch I know but the time that has gone into the development of this package is incredible. The accuracy of the systems modeling when you compare it to a Dash8 AOM is phenominal.Unfortunately, "hardcore" simmers like myself are requesting/demanding more and more realism and accuracy in the packages and this equates into more time=$$$ in development. Also, I would guess the more accurate and difficult the systems are, the smaller the group is that will buy it. Again this equates to more $$ per copy to recoup costs and put a few well deserved dollars in the developers pockets. For me at least the package is well worth the money. I'll get many, many hours of enjoyment out of it. Heck, I've received enough enjoyment out of the freeware version to account for $60.00 several times over.

Guest ha5mvo

George, or anyone....can one draw comparisons with F1s ATR? so far I see two areas where the dash is actually inferior, namely panel graphics and price...Judging by the sounds of the freeware version it must be second to none in that respect!I also understand that not all features of the FMC are simulated...correct me if I'm wrong.Other factors to consider in such a comparison may be:the number of simulated features and FLIGHT DYNAMICS (I found the freeware dynamics a bit awkward).Thanx//Michael

George,I agree, many hours of enjoyment for the hard-core simmer.I purchased the Professional version($$) and dont regret it one bit.(one night out for dinner and drinks $$ == 100's of hours in the dash)My Dash-8, Flight 1 ATR and Level-D have a special place in my heart.-Paul C

You know, I don't have this add-on (yet) because I have other things on my plate, but I remember a year ago, when the Aeroworx Super King Air came out, people were outraged at the $35 price tag. I've been away from flight simming for months at a time in the last year, but have still managed to log over 120 hours on it. At that rate...I've paid about 28 cents an hour for the fun I've had with the King Air. Compare that to $6.33 an hour to go to the movies (by myself, without popcorn and a drink) in Southern California...the King Air is a serious bargain.When I get back from my round-the-virtual world flight in the King Air, I'll consider the Q300, because if I get even half as much enjoyment out of it as I am with the B200, it's still cheaper than going to the movies.Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleischhttp://www.simulomundusrex.blogspot.com/

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Guest Agamemnon

GeorgeLet`s see now.In the last year you`ve bought the F1ATR/DF727/LDS767.Exactly what can you know about any one addon as each of the ones I`vementioned takes quite awhile to master in it`s own right.Sorry but I for one can`t take your opinion very seriously.Troy

You make a valid point here - jack of all trades master of none. These very detailed addons take quite a while to master with all their various nuances. While I will probably get out the cedit card yet again for this new Fanda Dash 8 (if only for the sounds and if someone comes up a Qantaslink livery), hard to justify the expense while I am still struggling with the F1 ATR.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest bigun

Well Troy and Bruce, I also purchased the A36, the King Air, the MDMax MD80, the Feel There ERJ. Also still fly the RFP747 and the PMDG737. Fly about 3-5 hours a day, seven days a week (I do take a little time off for vacations.) Didn't claim to be a master of any of them, but I can fly all of them from cold start through all phases of flight including FMC's where applicable. Sorry if you guys have a little problem "grasping" these add-ons. You may want to stick with the default aircraft:-roll Oh, and by the way Troy, you trully can't imagine how little I care about how you take my opinion. I offered my thoughts on the Fanda Dash and that's all.