Sign in to follow this  
pcartier

Frolov's/Majestic's new Dash released

Guest FattyBear

The features look amazing. Little too pricey for my college flight student budget, though.

Oleksiy Frolov has a good reputation, so I'm confident this Q300 is of good quality.Nevertheless priced at 50 Euri (20+ over the Flight1 ATR), I'm going to wait for reviews.I wonder if the 50 Euri is including tax for Europeans, otherwise it will be about 60 Euri for us.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest mikealpha

The feature list looks great indeed.Hmmm, but it's really a weird price tag, since the box version (published by www.fsquality.com at July, 14) can be preordered at some German online stores for 41 Euro. Not really a reward for a download purchase.Mike

Guest Debosonic

Yes I would be interested in this too, but find it a bit steep @50 euros. Still I have purchased the A380 from Wilco and L1011 from Perfect Flight in a one day and that was almost 50 euro and for two virtually useless add-ons.This D8 promises to be very...promising.I am waiting for reviews from those who do take the plunge and get it.

Guest nutcase

50 Euro version is dumbed down a bit. To get ALL systems simulated you have to buy the PRO version at around 100 Euros. Cockpitbuilders should go for the 495 EURO package.Jan Roar Roed

Guest georg

I have the 100 EUR package now, fellas. I'm gonna have time to look at it later on, but I'll surely give you an overview. I used Oleksiy's previous freeware Q300 a lot and I'm sure this can be only better than the previous superb addon.

>What does 50 euros come to in US dollars?Yahoo'ed the exchange rate ... euro=1.23 Dollarsso 50 Euro X 1.23 = $61.50

Guest Tim

using the live www.xe.com converter49.95 EUR= $60.35 or

Nice! Built in WX! Thats pretty cool. One of these days I might shell out and buy the pro edition, but only when I see what liveries will become available and how the VC performs, bugs, etc.

How are the panel graphics, because that worries me a tiny bit.Are they exactly the same as the freeware ones?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Check out my photo albumn for panel shotshttp://groups.msn.com/DehavillandDash8Q400...box.msnw?Page=3Kroswynd

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Guest Tim

it looks very similar to the freeware version, but with a good exterior model, fmc and wx radar... - are the sounds any different!?

Guest chris_kirk

...And does anyone know the download size for the "Pilot Edition"? For those of us who are still chugging along on dialup internet access...Chris Kirk

Guest georg

So I had time now to make a short traffic pattern with it. The first experiences are really good. Firstly it must be understood that it's not the best eyecandy for FS, but a serious piece of machinery which replicates the real bird extremely closely and requires at least some hours studying in order to operate it correctly. I remembered a few things from the old times when I was an active freeware Fanda Dash8 flyer, but I still had to follow the checklist with finger very often.The virtual cockpit is very very good and the exterior model as well. The panel might be a bit similar to the old one and I believe some textures really are the same. However, a lot of upgrades can be easily noticed and all the panels very extremely crisp and clear on my 19" TFT monitor (1280x1024).I haven't had time to test the instructor station yet so can't comment on this.In conclusion - if you're a serious simmer, most of your everyday's life passes around aviation and looking for ultimate realism like me and if you're enjoying the Level-D 767 and nothing below it, then certainly get your credit card out! If you're more like a general aviation pilot, not interested in following all the realistic operations, have busy private life and don't have much spare time for flightsimming, then it might get a bit too complicated for you.