Sign in to follow this  
mrbutt

Autopilot temporary not working

Hi,

I have a problem with the 777 which occurs temporary and i just want to know if someone else has it. The problem is that suddenly in flight the aircraft stops to hold course, speed and altitude. The Autopilot is still engaged, but it seems as it stopped to work.

I opened a support ticket one year ago and the advice was to change CMOS battery to solve the problem. I tried it, but the problem was still there.

I got a new computer but the problem still exists.

I have one guess for a possible reason: FS Real Time. I'm using this program for a while now when flying through time zones. I'm using the program with other aircrafts like the 737ngx and the problem does not occur.

I would appreciate any help to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The Autopilot is still engaged, but it seems as it stopped to work.

What are the indications that you are interpreting to mean the A/P is engaged when it is not controlling pitch or roll?

I have no idea what FS Real Time is or the reason to be concerned with time zones... all aviation uses UTC; however, try the B777 without it to see if results change. That would be interesting.

There was a problem in an earlier version with the simulation failing and the indications were similar to your description; however, that bug was fixed one or two updates ago.  Make sure you are current.

Almost forgot:   Full names in the PMDG forums please Chris.

Hi Dan!

Thanks for your quick response. Yes I have the actual version of the T7. What I see when the problem occurs is that hdg, alt and speed are not controlled anymore while the autopilot lights (AP, VNAV, LNAV) still remain illuminated.

I'm using FS Real Time for 2 Reasons: 1. It syncronises the system time with FSX 2. It fixes the time zone problem in FS (According to the program, there is a time zone bug in fs which occurs when travelling through time zones. It says that a flight can end up having a wrong local time at the destination)

I will have a try without FS Real Time. It's not that easy to reproduce the problem because it occurs only temporary.

Thanks for your comments!

Chris Titz

Have you try to use it without fs real time and see if it works? If yes, then you should not use fs real time specially in combination with acceleration time, because it become a mess. Or another solution is to use real time before take off, then close it and then reopen it before landing. Anyway this is not a PMDG issue, but as you say an fs real time issue.